Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uk Rav4 Rear Door Opening

RB777173

Hi,

I'm currently living in the US but planning on returning to Blighty end of year and buying a RAV4 2.0D-4D XT4. Do all new RAV4's still have the issue of rear door only opening 3/4? If so, can I get the rear door mod from Toyota UK or should I buy one in the US and take back with me?

Cheers,

Rob

Hi , i've heard its only the UK Rav's that have this door issue, in the UK as we drive on the left, if the door was fully open , the spare wheel would be sticking out towards the traffic, in the states your door opens next to the pavement ( sidewalk ), so can fully open with no risk.

If you buy a door "checkstrap " out were you are ,it should fit the UK model :D

Rob you can learn about the UK to USA door mod here:-

http://www.klystron.plus.com/ravdoor/

As Bob stated the rear door opening issue only applies to the UK models and I think the main reason for 3/4 opening is that if it was fully opened it obscures the righthand light cluster and reflector a bit mad if the rest of EU and World don't think this is an issue.

Just contacted my local New Orleans Toyota dealer - cost for the 'Check Assembly, Back door' is about $95, which works out about 55 quid.