Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Aa Suck

silver surfer

I have been a member of the AA for 3 years, and have just renewed again last

week.

However this time i had a call from their customer services dept asking if I wanted

to take out the parts and labour cover for £56. Which I said yes sounds like a good deal for my car being an import an all.

So today i received the info pack, which I read through, only to find that all cars over ten years old are excluded and all cars with the mileage over 100,000 are excluded.

Of course my car being 12 years old does not qualify, you would have thought that the stupid woman that called me would have known about this little but very important fact :ffs:

Now i have to get my money back.

:ffs: :ffs:

How dumb can these people be??

Just goes to show that the people they employ know jack schitt about anything to do with their business!!! :angry:

Which makes them about as useful as a chocolate fire guard :censor:

Wait untill you breakdown a couple of times, and they write you a letter saying you have overused their service, and untill next renewal they will charge you for roadside assistance and relay!!!!

Better than the RAC though. I joined them 3 times, and every single time they messed it up. They charged my account twice about a week apart 2 years running, and when I needed to call them out a few times (Renault!) the quickest they could get to me was 3 or 4 hours! So, the third year I wasn't going to rejoin but somebody phoned me up with a really good offer of £18 for the year, with a free £10 voucher, so it was only costing me £8. Then they charged me about £50 the next month. I phoned up to complain and they said that no such offer exists, and that I must have accepted the £50 because it says so on their system! I was sooooooooooooo ****** off with them!!!!!!! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Just goes to show that the people they employ know jack schitt about anything to do with their business!!!

Many people are at a loss when someone says, "You don't know jack Schitt."

Now you can handle the situation.

jack is the only son of Awe Schitt, the owner of Knee-deep Schitt,Inc.

In turn, jack Schitt married Noe Schitt and the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, the twins Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt and Bull Schitt, a high school dropout.

After being married for 15 years, Jack and Noe divorced. Noe later married Mr. Sherlock, and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name.

She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock. Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a cowardly son, Chicken Schitt.

Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt were inseparable throughout childhood and, consequently, married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg, Byrd and Horse.

Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned with his new wife, Pisa Schitt.

So Now, when someone says you don't know Jack Schitt, you can correct them.

quality!!!!

I've had so many problems with the AA group i wont go into it, but yeah they are money grabbing no hopers!!!

Just read through my AA docs and i would have been up s**t creek if i'd have broke down anytime ( my car is over 10 years old and done 114,000 miles.

My wife and i have joint membership so i would still be covered in her car ( because it covers the person, not the vehicle ).

Does anyone know a good breakdown/recovery service that covers the person ( can be in anyones car then if you break down ) that will cover cars over 10 years old and more than 100,000 miles?????

My renewal is due soon.

And not be too expensive.

Russ

my family have been with the rac for 50 + years we get response time of about an hour or less we only have roadside cov er but they will come to the house and they treat us like gods so silver hang on another 40 odd years and the service will improve

I am still happy with the breakdown service from the AA, in fact i called them Yesterday because my wife had managed to lock our 17month old baby in the car with the keys :rolleyes:

The AA turned up in 6 minuetes and then took 10 seconds to get in the car. :thumbsup:

But they still have not refunded my £56 for the parts and labour cover.

and then took 10 seconds to get in the car...

How?

:eek:

Err.. get real not on a public forum

I am still happy with the breakdown service from the AA, in fact i called them Yesterday because my wife had managed to lock our 17month old baby in the car with the keys :rolleyes:

Babies shouldn't have the keys ! they can't even reach the pedals

Rich

• 2 months later...

I guess I can't complain too much about the AA. They have each time got me home. However, the last time I broke down I thought I'd write a letter to them to let them know a few problems that occured that could have easily been avoided.

I told them how the truck arrived and it was one with the arm that comes down to lift the front up. Due to my car being lowered he could not get the arm under as I have 6.5cm clearance. He could only lift the rear but as the problem was the front caliper hanging off and wedged on the alloy, he had to take the alloy off to secure the caliper temporarily. It was not an AA truck that turned up, but they had contracted out to another firm. This guy's tool kit made Jo Bloggs amatuer tool kit quite comprehensive and he struggled to find a socket to take the nuts off. After 5 hours from the call out, the car was winched up and off we went.

The AA wrote back to say I should have informed them it was lowered (fair comment but it was late in the night and my brakes had just fallen off, the fact my car was lowered was not at the front of my mind!!!) They then went on to say that the firm carry a substantial kit to cover most breakdowns....Guess the sub contractors just covered their backs. Then the icing on the cake was the last sentance of the letter .... 'Kavanagh Recovery have advised us that had you been driving an unmodified Renault, they would not have had a problem...'

I was in a Rover, I have no wish to drive an unmodified Renault

my family have been with the rac for  50 +  years we get response time of about an hour or less we only have roadside cov er but they will come to the house and they treat us like gods so silver hang on another 40 odd years and the service will improve

You have been very lucky...

I have been with the RAC since living and driving in the UK. I had their top-notch gold cover - any time any place any car type thing.

I have been left stranded twice - one of the times it caused Nicola to miss her works xmas party last year - a fault that took me 2 seconds to sort in day light.

They gave me an 80% discoount to re-join after that incident.

A few weeks ago a spotted oik (tele-sales bloke) phoned me up asking how I would like to re-join. I started to explain the problems I had previously had when he told me to "sod off then" (his exact words) and slammed the phone down.

I have phoned to complain so many times about all sorts of issues but nothing ever got resolved. So I didn't bother complaining this time.

Been with the RAC and they have always been good for me. (guess Im lucky) Once got a free lift back from devon when my old fessie packed in lol!!!.