Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels For Gold Yaris?

TommyC

Sorry guys... another dilemma that's been occupying my mind of late is the small matter of alloys. I am sure in my mind that i want 16's - i used to have a Punto, for which i bought 15's, decided they were too small so bought 17's and decided they affected the performance too much, so i want an in-between. Anyhow the dilemma for me is that i have the gold Yaris - the colour was totally out of my hands (my dad bought me the car) - and all i can think is that silver and gold are two colours you should never put together. Now, i'm thinking that the colour is more yellowy than it is so-called "gold" so i guess i could get away with silver alloys but i would like to know what you all think would look the best?

Also, while i'm at it, is there a unanimous decision on the best style of alloys to enhance the yaris, i.e. chunky 5-spokes, curvy 8-spokes, etc..? :blink:

You could try a sort of gun metal/graphite look. Or maybe even black. But to be honest - i'd sell the car and buy a different coloured one! :P

Best style in my opinion is 5-twin-spoke like mine! See meh garage! Although I do like chunky 5-7spoke. And multispoke suits anything.

• 4 years later...

woah lols im totally in the same scenario as you...hehehe my dad just got me my gold yaris and yeh it does looks more of a yellow than a gold...but i like out of the ordinary, different is best i think.

i was also thinking the same thing about what colour rims i should get for it...BLACK would be best in my opinion.

But let me know what you go for..=]

get them powder coated :D

i think black would look the best

or gun metal grey at the very least

Yep, black from me too!

Gold car's with black rims look real nice, esp with a sus drop! B)

I'd go for Titanium as it'll not show dirt as much as Black. But Black will look awesome too, maybe with some red pin striping on the rims JDM style!

Or otherwise could go for some Scooby gold alloys to match the Golden dream machine, LOL!

Sorry guys... another dilemma that's been occupying my mind of late is the small matter of alloys. I am sure in my mind that i want 16's - i used to have a Punto, for which i bought 15's, decided they were too small so bought 17's and decided they affected the performance too much, so i want an in-between. Anyhow the dilemma for me is that i have the gold Yaris - the colour was totally out of my hands (my dad bought me the car) - and all i can think is that silver and gold are two colours you should never put together. Now, i'm thinking that the colour is more yellowy than it is so-called "gold" so i guess i could get away with silver alloys but i would like to know what you all think would look the best?

Also, while i'm at it, is there a unanimous decision on the best style of alloys to enhance the yaris, i.e. chunky 5-spokes, curvy 8-spokes, etc..? :blink:

Have a looky at a Yaris in gold that came with alloys... does it look odd? if getting fancy-pants wheels, take care to get some that dish INWARDS (concave) as the Yaris is very easy to kerb! dont wanna scuff up a pricey set of alloys unintentionally!

I got a gold one as well. :)

It has small silver rims 15s although black ones would look better I don't think it is that bad

IMG_0174.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links