Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is The Uk Yaris Verso Disappearing?

geoffb

I can't explain it but I rather like the bB. It's very quirky and I like cars that buck trends. However, the wife has seen the photo and, having taken a little while to get used to the Verso (which she now loves), the bB is about as much a non-starter as you can get :(

Never mind. I might still look at the new Yaris when it is out. Incidentally, is the next generation actually based on the Scion Xa body style or am I imagining it? Anyone know?

I can't explain it but I rather like the bB. It's very quirky and I like cars that buck trends. However, the wife has seen the photo and, having taken a little while to get used to the Verso (which she now loves), the bB is about as much a non-starter as you can get  :(

Never mind. I might still look at the new Yaris when it is out. Incidentally, is the next generation actually based on the Scion Xa body style or am I imagining it? Anyone know?

No, the new Yaris is a new platform.

The Scion xA/Toyota Ist is based on the current Yaris platform (NCP)

The new Yaris just shares some of the xA's styling cues, but it is entirely new, whereas the xB/bB is based on current lengthened Yaris Verso platform and xA/Ist is based on the standard Yaris platform.

I can understand the wife not liking the bB. I prefer it's styling to the Verso, but the verso has the edge on aerodynamics. Fit some stiffer, shorter springs to a 5 speed Verso and you're set.

Any thoughts on the D4-D? That's the one I'd go for. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

there were some pics of the next yaris verso in last weeks auto express they did say that t.g.b hasnt decided yet whether or not to take them