Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Motor Blew Up, Help

TurboGT

Hi, I have a 1992 celica convertible GT in perfect condition, or at least it used to be. The motor gave out on me and now it's going to be my girls car as it is so clean and automatic. I heard something of swapping a toyota camry engine in as areplacement because they are much cheaper than the 5S-fe that is in the car.

The camry engine is to be a 3S-FE. I am new to toyota so I am not very knowledged on years and models. Can anyone help with this?

I would like to know what year of camry engine I would be able to use if it even is possible. :help:

Does anyone know of a page or a posting that would contain the specs of all earlier model Toyota engines. There used to be www.henryvo.com but it seems that site is no more. Let me know any info you can spare.

Much thanks

I may also get a Cressida in the month to come so if anyone know the power output on these I would appreciate it. I will either put a turbo setup on or swap in a supra engine that my friend has. Thank you

i was going to sujest putting in a GT4 engine, but your in the USA, could make things difficult. you could possibly use a MR2 turbo engine but not to sure how that would fit, still a 3S-GTE engine.

i know someone who has a Celica soft top with a 3S-GTE conversion on an autobox, unfortunately he never done it so doesn't know much about the conversion

Yes I actually thought of getting a GT4 from a local JDM importer but I can't spend the money to do it just now, I would end up spending more money than I ever planned becuase I know I would start on the suspension and exhaust also. I can get a 3S-gte engine no problem but I don't know what it involves to do the swap.

I don't even know what transmission to use. So for now I just want to replace the engine as cheaply as possible and save the money for the mods to my 1992 all trac turbo.