Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina 2 Stereo

Carina 2

Anyone got any idea's of how to replace the standard stereo in a toyota carina 2 its 1989 189000 and still runs great,

But the stereo leaves a bit to be desired. Is it a standard din fitting or do i have to change the dash slightly looks to be a little smaller than din but hope someone could throw some light on the situation for me.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Remove the 2 screws above the heater controls, remove the ashtray & the 2 screws behind it then the 2 10mm bolts in the ashtray housing & the whole panel will come out, disconnect the Hazard, demister, lighter,ashtray light & headunit connectors then the panel & headunit are removed as one unit & it is a standard din fitment, buy a standard Toyota - ISO converter cable & off you go.

• 5 years later...

Remove the 2 screws above the heater controls, remove the ashtray & the 2 screws behind it then the 2 10mm bolts in the ashtray housing & the whole panel will come out, disconnect the Hazard, demister, lighter,ashtray light & headunit connectors then the panel & headunit are removed as one unit & it is a standard din fitment, buy a standard Toyota - ISO converter cable & off you go.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but since you seem to be in the know, could you tell me how to remove the centre console trim strip that runs around the gearknob and inbetween the front seats? Cheers.

Ooooh this takes me back! Errm Yeah if I remember correctly I think that panel continues down to below the handbrake lever. If you apply the handbrake & pull the panel up from the base of the lever & work your way forwards it's just on clips which pull straight out & refit in the same way. There are no screws or bolts on that one I don't think. Oh & P.S I don't think the Carina section existed when this post was 1st made.

Ooooh this takes me back! Errm Yeah if I remember correctly I think that panel continues down to below the handbrake lever. If you apply the handbrake & pull the panel up from the base of the lever & work your way forwards it's just on clips which pull straight out & refit in the same way. There are no screws or bolts on that one I don't think. Oh & P.S I don't think the Carina section existed when this post was 1st made.

Thanks for the help! I've got an immaculate 1991 Carina II 1.6 XL Windsor Liftback with all round electric windows and a moon roof. Its only done 37,000 miles and has been garaged all its life so you can imagine the condition its in, I'll make a new thread in the Carina section and post some pictures shortly, next job is a DAB headunit install.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't suppose you know how to remove a wing mirror from this car? Do i just prize off the triangular trim piece inside the door or do I have to remove the door card as well?

Thanks.

• 6 years later...

Ahh!! GOOD :biggrin:

Was unsure how to get my Toyyo head unit out/ AIWA in....

Cheers

2sav

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links