Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hard Steering Wheel

Eddy5

Does anyone else find the steering wheel in the Yaris a bit hard and lacking in padding? I find the one in my T-Sport too hard and pretty uncomfortable, especially on long journey's. Mind you I've not got much natural padding (Skinny boy! :D ) so maybe it's just me, but I've never really had this problem before.

If anyone has felt the same have they found a way around it - comfy driving gloves - my God how old am I? ;) , steering wheel pads/covers? :ph34r:

when my new one arrives I'll swap your nice, leather rimmed, TS model for the hard, sweat-inducing, plastic, T3 one that I'm going to get?

(Sounds like a good deal to me :ph34r: )

Alan

TRD one is nice but about £500 :eek:

If anyone has felt the same have they found a way around it - comfy driving gloves - my God how old am I? ;) , steering wheel pads/covers? :ph34r:

:blink: driving gloves? :wacko::lol::lol: er i dont think so :eek:

No problems with mine :lol:

If anyone has felt the same have they found a way around it - comfy driving gloves - my God how old am I?  ;) , steering wheel pads/covers?  :ph34r:

:blink: driving gloves? :wacko::lol::lol: er i dont think so :eek:

No problems with mine :lol:

I'll second that..

I think Volvo give gloves away with each car sold...

How hard are you gripping the wheel mate?..

the one in my 04 corsa was a bit more padded than the one on the t-sport, but who cares wen its got a t sport Badge and goes like the clappers! :D

Minnnt

Not had any problems with my leather wheel. Yeah, maybe it is just you! :)

I think this is a strange post as i have always thought the T sport wheel is the best feeling wheel on any small car i've ever driven! :thumbsup:

ive got the leather steering wheel (Colour Collection Blue) and i find it perfectly comfortable to drive with. Done a few 4 hour drives from glasgow leeds etc and found no problems. At least you dont have the standard plastic yaris steering wheel. Used that in the yaris verso i drove for my delivery job a while back, not the most comfortable steering wheels!

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to fit a leather steering wheel to a GLS spec d-4d?

My last car had a magnificent moulded leather steering wheel, the d-4d feels awful by comparison.

My steering wheel is puuuurfect! Oh, and you can fit anything you want on there! But you may need one with an airbag to be safe! Toyota do a few... give 'em a bell.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links