Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Montauk Project

Jimlad

Yeah, i've heard of the Philadelphia Experiment, I think there was a movie made about it as well...

Again, people with far too much time and imagination I feel - Einstein proved that time travel was impossible (one of his formula's)

Yeah, i've heard of the Philadelphia Experiment, I think there was a movie made about it as well...

Again, people with far too much time and imagination I feel - Einstein proved that time travel was impossible (one of his formula's)

Read an article last week which says that it isn't impossible & isn't there a subatomic thingy {can't remember its name " pay attention at the back of the class!"] which goes backwards in time?

Hundreds? of articles done on the Philadelphia Experiment & yes, there was a film, as well. Have heard of the Montauk case too.

Used to read a lot, until I got infected by TOC :lol:

Einstein was good, but not infallible. I vaguely remember Steven Hawking saying that it is possible.

yeah, you are correct, I mean Einstien was dyslexic and really bad at maths..

and yes, Hawking did claim it was 'possible', but just improbable - as the paradox theory goes, surely if it was possible to travel back in time, there would be evidence of people coming back?

It seems pretty far fetched really, a bit like Event Horizon? :lol:

It makes for quite an interesting read though, I like things like this, get the ol' mind going!hehe

It makes for quite an interesting read though, I like things like this, get the ol' mind going!hehe

ahh, event horizon was based on 'worm hole' theory - which is sketchy at best..

you see, people believe that a worm hole is a connection between two points in space (kinda like a black hole that spits you out somewhere else rather than crushing you into non-existance). So obviously, if you can travel through space through these, why not time? well, quite simple really, because it is two completley different theoretical instances..

You see, it all comes down to magnatism - there is a school of thought, that believe (in a vaccum) if you take 4 magnets, and polarise them together in the correct way - then take two magnets a mile away, you should be able to create a tempral rift, so you walk between the first two magnets, you walk out of the other a mile away (travelling the mile instantly)..

Of course, no one has ever come close to this, and it is a doubtful theory - but the addition of time as well was a hollywood touch - as so many 'scientific' theories nowadays are!

ahh, event horizon was based on 'worm hole' theory - which is sketchy at best..

you see, people believe that a worm hole is a connection between two points in space (kinda like a black hole that spits you out somewhere else rather than crushing you into non-existance). So obviously, if you can travel through space through these, why not time? well, quite simple really, because it is two completley different theoretical instances..

You see, it all comes down to magnatism - there is a school of thought, that believe (in a vaccum) if you take 4 magnets, and polarise them together in the correct way - then take two magnets a mile away, you should be able to create a tempral rift, so you walk between the first two magnets, you walk out of the other a mile away (travelling the mile instantly)..

Of course, no one has ever come close to this, and it is a doubtful theory - but the addition of time as well was a hollywood touch - as so many 'scientific' theories nowadays are!

thats a pretty cool !Removed! theory though!

now...

where have i got some magnets... :wacko:

surely if it was possible to travel back in time, there would be evidence of people coming back?

hasn't it been said that for some weird reason people can't travel back in time prior to when time travel was invented....

if that makes sense.

yeah, you are correct, I mean Einstien was dyslexic and really bad at maths..

and yes, Hawking did claim it was 'possible', but just improbable - as the paradox theory goes, surely if it was possible to travel back in time, there would be evidence of people coming back?

There would be NO evidence of people coming back. If they had the means & Brains to do this in the future , they would be sure to lie low.

This has been thought through in many ways. Someone coming back & altering one small thing in the past, could, theoretically, alter the future.

To give an extreme example, Hitler survived the first world war, though he was wounded. If someone from the future had been there & made sure he died, like millions of others, this would now be an entirely different world.

Theory again, that many of the genius's of the past who were ahead of their time, were actually behind their time. Leonardo Da Vinci was the prime example,when you consider all his "Inventions"- helicopters etc.

In other words, if people from the future returned in time they CANNOT influence current events, bit CCN plant the seeds of thought which will influence mankind in the right direction.

We have had Jesus, Buddha ,Mohammed & others all appearing & trying to send mankind in a morally better direction [ successfully? Maybe, maybe not

Thats not true actually Ian - pretty sure that Einstein showed that a limited form of time travel was possible - albeit only into the future.

As you move closer and closer to the speed of light, time would move (relatively) slower for the traveller than for anyone else - therefore you would be accelerating forwards though time.

surely if it was possible to travel back in time, there would be evidence of people coming back?

hasn't it been said that for some weird reason people can't travel back in time prior to when time travel was invented....

if that makes sense.

one worm hole theory (which links to what I posted above about Einsteins theory) is that a worm hole is created by a vessel travelling very close to light speed.

This vessel creates the worm hole, accelerates to near light speed, and returns to Earth.

Obviously the end of the hole that is returned to earth has been subject to less time (relatively).

Anyone entering the worm hole would then exit at a point in time before they entered.

But clearly, this poses a restriction that they cannot go back in time further than the creation of the machine.

This fits in nicely with Hawking's supposition that the lack of time travellers means that time travel will never be invented - maybe such a device may be invented, but until such time as it is, we will not meet any time travellers.

What about the Wooly Mammoth [ithink} with the bullet hole through its skull & the iron nail in a seam of coal? Objects from the future of the things from the past.

What about the Wooly Mammoth [ithink} with the bullet hole through its skull & the iron nail in a seam of coal? Objects from the future of the things from the past.

hoax springs immediately to mind.

Can you provide any real evidence of a wooly mammoth with a bullet in its head, where scientists have said it must be real?

Not having a go at you mate - just you can;t just casually lob that sort of statement into a debate without some sort of backup :thumbsup:

hoax springs immediately to mind.

Can you provide any real evidence of a wooly mammoth with a bullet in its head, where scientists have said it must be real?

Not having a go at you mate - just you can;t just casually lob that sort of statement into a debate without some sort of backup :thumbsup:

Logged off & went to bed before your very relevant comment came in.

No, I can't provide scientific proof that they are not hoaxws, & to be honest it had occurred to me too.

I'll have to do a bit of research to rediscover where I came across it. I think that it was in one of Colin Wilson's books. He is quite a reliable writer, as a rule.

I'm inclined to accept its reliability, but everyone is free to doubt.

Mammoth could have been dead for 20,000 years & someone put a bullet through its skull for a laugh, but one presumes that a fresh hole can be detected.

Again, a nail imbedded in a lump of coal would be difficult to forge.

I'll check it out. May take time.

Cheers, mate, no offence taken. That's what debate & discussion are all about.