Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis D4d 2.0 Diesel Engine Trouble After 300km

adridodo

I have got a new Avensis 6 days ago and was thinking to go for a drive this wend just to make sure the Break-in (the first 1000km driven) period passes smoothly. After driving 150km on the motorway at 100km/h (60mi/h) in the 5th gear, the engine started to vibrate very intensly and started losing power. I had to leave the motorway and get onto a side road so I can ring the famous TOYOTA EUROCARE. After spending 10 min listing STING on my mobile I gave up and decided to ring ANWB Holland (lucky me I have a membership) that sent somebody in 30 min. He removed the engine cover and inspected the wires going into the injectors with a probe to see if there is a signal (the signal and the timing of that signal). He then said that one of those wires gave the wrong signal to that injector and it COULD be a computer problem but he is not sure. Just by reading his body language I could tell that he was in the twilight zone as much as myself :o . So he advised me to ring TOYOTA EUROCARE cos they know better what is the deal. They dicided to take it away to a place in a middle of nowhere and fix it but they only provided me with a rental (imagine this) VW passat (my next car after I sell the toyota, most probably :thumbsup: ) for 3 days, and because it all happen on Sat (have a nice wend too) of course nobody works at toyota during wends. So if I need a car I will have to pay for the rental until the famous avensis is going to be fixed AFTER i paid loads to buy one. I think that is not a fair treatment especially when I have to pay my train ticket and waste a working day to pick it up from the no-mans-land (a farm land between Holland and Germany).

Anybody any dramatic experiences with the new avensis/eurocare? Am I the only one buying such a miracle of design and reliability? <_<

Don't take it lying down. Refuse to return the cover car and don't pay for the extra rental. Its absolutely obsurd you should have to pay after 300km!!! on a new car!