Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Rav 4 Purchase

AnilS

Hello all, I'm fairly new to the forum.

My wife has decided that she wants a change from her Yaris and move to either a Ford Puma, VW Polo, VW Golf or RAV4! I know its a wide range of cars but she likes what she likes. :blink:

I, personally don't like the Golf, especially as the recent Polo is as spacious and you get a newer one for the same price as an older Golf.

She likes the Puma, but as our children are 6 and 7 years old, how long before they complain about the rear view? They already complain (a little) about the fact they cannot see out of the rear of my RX8! Thanks goodness for Gameboy Advances :lol: .

However, as I have the RX8, which is incredibly practical for a coupe, I am pushing her more towards the RAV4.

We popped into my local dealer (Westlands in Bromsgrove) this morning to have a look at both 3 and 5 dr RAVs. She prefers the 3dr and there is enough space for all, plus she is hesitant on having too large a vehicle after the Yaris.

Questions;

1. Are all 1.8s, front wheel drive? I do want her to have 4WD.

2. Do they come with rear parking sensors or are they dealer/retro fit?

3. Do all 3drs come without a rear parcel shelf :blink: ?

4. Would the NV be better than the NRG, as I prefer not to have all the body moulding of the NRG.

Finally, we have £6-7K to spend, plus the Yaris on top, making about £10K. I appreciate it is a bad time to sell any car but a good time to sell a 4X4.

Regards, AnilS.

Hello all, I'm fairly new to the forum.

My wife has decided that she wants a change from her Yaris and move to either a Ford Puma, VW Polo, VW Golf or RAV4! I know its a wide range of cars but she likes what she likes. :blink:

I, personally don't like the Golf, especially as the recent Polo is as spacious and you get a newer one for the same price as an older Golf.

She likes the Puma, but as our children are 6 and 7 years old, how long before they complain about the rear view? They already complain (a little) about the fact they cannot see out of the rear of my RX8! Thanks goodness for Gameboy Advances :lol: .

However, as I have the RX8, which is incredibly practical for a coupe, I am pushing her more towards the RAV4.

We popped into my local dealer (Westlands in Bromsgrove) this morning to have a look at both 3 and 5 dr RAVs. She prefers the 3dr and there is enough space for all, plus she is hesitant on having too large a vehicle after the Yaris.

Questions;

1. Are all 1.8s, front wheel drive? I do want her to have 4WD.

2. Do they come with rear parking sensors or are they dealer/retro fit?

3. Do all 3drs come without a rear parcel shelf :blink: ?

4. Would the NV be better than the NRG, as I prefer not to have all the body moulding of the NRG.

Finally, we have £6-7K to spend, plus the Yaris on top, making about £10K. I appreciate it is a bad time to sell any car but a good time to sell a 4X4.

Regards, AnilS.

Hi,

Out of the choice of cars you have listed, the Rav will without doubt be the most reliable.

1 ) 1.8 is front wheel drive only.

2 ) Parking sensors are dealer fit.

3 ) you don't get a parcel tray with the 3 door.

4 ) The NRG is a well equiped motor, but the NV is a bit basic, hence the none painted bumpers.

5 ) you may just get a NV for 10k, but a NRG is going to cost a few grand more ( well not unless you buy high milage ),

hope that helps,

Bob :)

Bob, many thanks for the reply.

I quite like the non painted bumpers of the NV, which also means if they get scrapped, they won't look as bad as the painted ones.

My local Toyota dealer has a NV 51 plate up for £10K. Its silver and done nearly 22K miles. They fully service, MOT and warranty the car before sale, and are mulling over the PX the Yaris can offer (bought from them, new, 4 years ago).

I've found out the NRG gets the painted bumpers and moulding, rear spoiler, CD and alloys.

I have a very nice Alpine CD tuner that can replace the radio cassette on the NV, and I suppose I can get nice alloys anywhere? :huh:

I suppose it'll be a 2.0 NV or NRG then, but not at dealer prices :D .

Thanks again, AnilS.

Looking at the specification of the NV it not that bad :D , 0-60 is only 1.7 secs slower than the 2.0 NRG, the MPG is better on the NV 30.1 urban ( NRG 24.8 mpg ).

Like you say ,if you buy a better radio/cd and look out for a set of alloys, it should look almost as good as a NRG.

Spotted some alloys on eBay......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2494709018&rd=1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links