Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Than Insurance

breezer

Dad just got a letter from insurance, due to accident! well at first we rung them up giving them details, but told them WERE NOT going through insurance.

The letter today had loads of questions on, pointless ones

how many cars in your family :ffs:

also questions such as where did the accident happen, what was the car being used for, and alot more etc etc

So dad rung up just now, and they wouldnt tell us why we had to fill the form in because we didnt understand because we werent claiming through insurance. Mam also was on phone and kept saying is this because you might not insure us next year. They didnt give a straight answer, all they said was that if we didnt fill the form in theyd cancel our insurance immediately.

Can someone shed some light?

someone told me that even if had a crash and didnt go through insurance, you still had to let them know. weve did this.

why do they want us to answer all these questions?

so your not bunging a bogus claim

its std practice

Even if that is the case... they should be able to give you a clear explanation for filling the forms in mate...

no not claiming anything!!

getting everything done through my dads mate who owns a garage, paying for everything ourselves!

at first we were going to make a claim, but told them itd be easier to do it our way!

Erm... don't see any reason to tell an insurance company about a crash if it can be sorted without em... just puts ur premium up!

someone told me that had to inform insurance company even if werent going through them!

and it shouldnt put premium or anything up since were not going through insurance

well if you tell them you've had a crash, whether you're claiming or not - it's going to alarm them and don't be suprised to see your renewal go up significantly.

sometimes you're better off keeping shtum.

yes - you should let your insurance company know if you are involved in an accident - even if you are not claiming.

This should not damage your NCB.

They need to know the details of the claim. Even though you are not going through them, the other party may well claim against your insurance at some point in the future (especially if those personal injury vultures get hold of them).

So they need to know all the details.

But this is not a secret, and they should have explained this to you immediately.

well if you tell them you've had a crash, whether you're claiming or not - it's going to alarm them and don't be suprised to see your renewal go up significantly.

Exactly, remember they ask if you've had any accidents within the last five years or what ever when you phone for a quote, not if you've 'claimed' for any accidents.

I wouldn't have told them to be honest. <_<

Viper 7 - I'd still inform them.... if you don't and the other woman down the road then raises it with hers.....and also claims for whiplash injuries say....well you'd be in a whole heap of poo.

You should always inform your insurers..and pass on the other parties details. you don't have to make a claim, as long as the work is done properly they will continue to insure you, and it won't be marked against you and won't affect your NCB.

That's the whole point of the excess. they know if you had..and were the cause of a prang....and it will take £50 to fix...then your not exactly going to make a claim..if your excess is £250. You can even pay for the cost of the repairs for the other parities motor too...but you should always get it in writing that they are 100% satisifed with the repairs...no need to involve the insurers at all...but they should always be kept in formed.

Saying that...I was in a similar situation...other parties fault...but there was no damage to my car at all. I still infomed my insurers..in the event they turn around and make a claim against me.

When it came to renewing my policy.... it shows I'd been at fault in an accident!!! well one phone call later..they sorted it..acknowleging that it was the other parities fault...but it still shows on my policy..that the cost was £2..... dunno what that's all about!!...but at the end of the day..I've covered my back....haven't lost and ncb..and never made a claim.

Give em the details....

which dummy told me that had to inform them anyway!

I was one of them.. <_<

Insurance is a tricky problem. Normally you have three months to inform them of the accident.. Say the woman you hit contacts your insurance company and claims for whiplash/injury/car damge, then you would be screwed. The ins company would say we have no record of your accident or involvement blah blah blah.

I myself did this last week.. INFORMED them. No letter, no increase in premium, nada.. Ive also got to renew my insurance at the end of the week...and at the moment No increase

hmmm well at the bottom of the letter with the questions it says something like this:

we reserve the right to reconsider this situation and this could result in voiding insurance and returning the premiums etc. or alternatively recitfying the terms

hmmm well at the bottom of the letter with the questions it says something like this:

we reserve the right to reconsider this situation and this could result in voiding insurance and returning the premiums etc. or alternatively recitfying the terms

its a standard letter.

But - this is what we were telling you about when we were telling you to declare your mods.

What they are saying is that if you have not stayed within the terms of the insurance, they have the right to void your insurance.

That means stuff like (eg)

- undeclared mods

- being used for business use when insured for SDP

- used as a taxi

etc etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links