Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Mr2 - More Power And Hybrid

Leeky

Toyota-MR2-01.jpg

Toyota-MR2-06.jpg

See everything here

Using a modified version of the existing MR2 but going to feature a new more powerful engine which is unlikely to be a 4-cylinder but we could see the prius engine making it into the car. The new 3.3ltr V6 Hybrid engine which has been queued to go into the Lexus RX and also was featured on the Volta concept is possibly the engine going into this new MR2.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

:D Yeah i heard that this was what you saw at the ring but they have only just written up about it.

Bout time Toyota got their thumb out and brought us back 'real' toyota sports cars

:thumbsup:

How fast was the thing shifting? If it was quite quick i would say its not the prius engine they were using :D

We only saw it in the car park :lol::lol: it would have been cool to see it on track :thumbsup:

I have a couple of pictures I just need to upload them dude :thumbsup:

It did look very very wide :D

Wow!!!!!!

An MR2 with a Metro 6R4 kit :lol:

Wow!!!!!!

An MR2 with a Metro 6R4 kit :lol:

:lol:

I thought it looked familiar :thumbsup:

one thing to note .. BBS RX 5 stud rims .. where did they get that idea :D

Using a modified version of the existing MR2 but going to feature a new more powerful engine which is unlikely to be a 4-cylinder but we could see the prius engine making it into the car. The new 3.3ltr V6 Hybrid engine which has been queued to go into the Lexus RX and also was featured on the Volta concept is possibly the engine going into this new MR2.

Some details on the hybrid Lexus

It says that Lexus hybrid is good for 270hp. Would be nice in a car the size of a chunky MR2. You also get lots of goodies due to the fly-by-wire throttle and brakes and the continuously-variable gearbox. Could be quite a ground-breaking car, now when can we buy it? :D

Cheers

Paul.

The version of the engine in the Volta/Volca is said to be over 400bhp though and a 0-60 of under 4secs. So i hope they use that version :D

I'd have a hybrid MR2 - hopefully it would have the performance and looks of a sports car with - when you're driving normally - the economy of a Yaris or Corolla!

Give me years then put me down for one! :)

A