Do Not Sell My Personal Information

...picking Up My Baby

siochain

Picking up my first Yaris on Friday - T3 D-4D in Carlo Blue.

Switching from a 22mpg VW Golf V6 4Motion. Anyone think I'll notice the difference? :unsure:

Afterthought: It was a close decision between the Yaris and the Citroën C2 diesel. I thought the C2 just looked a bit.....odd, somehow.

Want to get spending some of the bank's money on it. Hurry up Friday!!!!!!! :D

Yes i think you will notice the difference. I'm assuming the golf was quick yah? But i think you must be travelling alot? And welcome, i think you will enjoy it! :yes:

Minnnt

Hi and welcome to the club - as I've said before, all of the cool kids drive T3 D-4Ds :thumbsup:

You'll find that the Yaris is slower if you enjoy flooring it, but despite being quite lead-footed and average of about 55mpg should be easy to achieve.

When my parents were loooking for a car in France they tried all of the French makes. In the Citroen dealer's demonstrator the plastic moulding around the steering column fell apart as my Mum climbed in. They just said the the whole thing was too flimsy feeling - so they bought another Yaris diesel :rolleyes:

I hope that you like the Yaris and that we'll see you about!

Cheers,

Alan

Picking up my first Yaris on Friday - T3 D-4D in Carlo Blue.

Switching from a 22mpg VW Golf V6 4Motion. Anyone think I'll notice the difference? :unsure:

Good choice of colour :thumbsup:

It can be frustrating keeping it looking clean ;)

Yeah, well, it's arrived!

:D

Red 54, looks like you're right about the 'keeping it clean' thingy already (and I've only dont 50 miles)! - I think I'll be taking advantage of the dealer's offer of a free valet and wash/wax whenever I want it, as often as I want it. Other than that, it's looking great.

Had a TTE rear spoiler fitted, which looks good. Lack of funds means that I'm going to have to add the other 'bits' (16" alloys, skirts, fogs etc.) a piece at a time. Will definitely look like a kind of 'work in progress' project!

The colour's great, it's really torquey for a 1400 diesel, and the handling is sharper than the 4wd Golf (or it just seems that way)!

I'd like to get my hands on some interior bits too (chrome/leather T-Spirit gear knob - if anyone's got a spare one to sell me ;) !!), but I guess I need to start recouping some of the money I am saving with this car first!

How easy is it to fit an aftermarket CD player? Anyone got any pics of their Yaris with anything other than the standard single slot CD player & stereo - just so I can get some ideas?

Will post piccies as soon as I figure the picture-hosting thing out.....

:thumbsup:

Take care all.

Hiya and welcome

How easy is it to fit an aftermarket CD player? Anyone got any pics of their Yaris with anything other than the standard single slot CD player & stereo - just so I can get some ideas?

Take a look at the howto's at the top or click HERE

I got mine of Saturday! I've only driven it the 45 miles from the dealer to Mum and Dad's house in Aberfeldy as I've needed a 4x4 for the last few days.

Car's great, but unfortunately its French and not Japanese, but I love the new alloys and there's a neatly stealth-installed Sony MD changer in the glovebox instead of a Toyota one under the driver's seat.

I'll get piccies up when I come back from my hols in a week and a bit and have actually taken some :thumbsup:

A

Nice one Alan, French one's are nearly as good as the Jap one's so don't worry! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after looking and trying out various cars, I too have opted to buy a Yaris :)

Mine's being picked up on Thursday morning - a 1.3 VVT-i T-Spirit in black (picked black as it looked really cool at the car dealership).

Read a few post here which may prove quite useful in the long run.

Nice one! All the cool kids have black!

Welcome to the club...

A

Well, after looking and trying out various cars, I too have opted to buy a Yaris :)

Mine's being picked up on Thursday morning - a 1.3 VVT-i T-Spirit in black (picked black as it looked really cool at the car dealership).

Read a few post here which may prove quite useful in the long run.

Good choice of motor :D :D

Again show us pics when you get it :)