Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Number Plates

breezer

Hi

ordered myself some new number plates. show plates but street legal, nothing daft on them. all fully legal.

off http://www.jskelly.co.uk/shop/stickers.html

good site, click number plates then click show plates, iv ordered:

style 2 border, black, style 1 (legal) font, carbon fibre effect (duno why), and an optional message at bottom of each plate!

the optional message is: Toyota Owners Club

:thumbsup:

i bought a square plate before and when i went to drill holes in i seriously flucked up, totally cracked the whole lot. is this because the drill was too fast and the wrong drill piece?

any tips for drilling holes for my number plates? at £24.99 i dont fancy knacking them :ph34r:

Keep the protective covering on them until you`ve drilled. Make sure that you`ve got something firm & flat to rest the plate on while your drilling it.. Piece of wood or some such. use a hss drill bit at a moderate speed. Not too fast or you`ll burn the acryllic. :thumbsup:

Just a thought. Can you not put them on with double sided tape? Look much neater. :yes:

Dont stick em on with tape lol!!!. If you get pulled you are in a world of pain. They will strip youre car to bits!!! :!Removed!:

was looking for new plates myself think you found the site for me

cheers :D

well theyre reliable, its where i got my custom stickers from and quick delivery.

hopefully the plates will be quick too :thumbsup:

Dont stick em on with tape lol!!!. If you get pulled you are in a world of pain. They will strip youre car to bits!!! :!Removed!:

why would they ask to take them off!!

theyre fully legal :blink:

breezer put the old plate on top of the new one then either mark it or drill through the old holes into the new plate,resting on a piece of wood like dak said, but you being young and a smart makem knew that didnt you buddy. :thumbsup:

if its square , put some paint on the old holes on the bumper or some grease then put the back of the new plate onto the grease or paint and you'll see where it needs to be drilled.

but you being young and a smart makem knew that didnt you buddy. :thumbsup:

i aint no mackem!! im from shields, therefore a sand dancer :P ps. i support blackburn

lol dancing in sand full of broken glass and dog s***

lmao :lol::lol:

for fish n chips m8 . :thumbsup:

why would they ask to take them off!!

theyre fully legal 

If they are stuck on then they might ask a lot of questions

Stuck on plates can mean a stolen car/dodgy one etc anyway m8 free to do it!!!

You do hang around cruises dont you? :thumbsup:

if you're drilling holes through them, use the existing plates to get the hole position correct, or measure it- twice and then get someone else to do the same. You only get one chance to get it right.

When you drill them, put a cross of paper masking tape over the point to be drilled as this stops the drill slipping and making a hole in the wrong place. Use a cordless drill if you've got one as they tend to have a slower speed than corded ones. Use a sharp drill, take your time and you shouldn't have a problem.

Rich

You do hang around cruises dont you? :thumbsup:

and if i got pulled id just pull out papers and show them lol.

theres lots of standard cars which dont have screwed on plates, just stuck on. my mates nissan almera does.......well, whats left of it :ph34r:

If drilling, always drill from the back of the plate!

If you drill from the front it cust the pastic then pushes the reflective backing off. This is how they end up with water ingression round the holes which is an MOT failure

oh and i've always stuck my plates on with double sided. Never lost one yet and my private plates have been on 5 different cars!

Also on the subjetc, whey do new mercs have 4 screws to hold the plates on? Over engineering or what???! :rolleyes:

but you being young and a smart makem knew that didnt you buddy

I cant believe u called him that! :o whats he ever done 2 u? :huh:

ever notice that when makems go abroad they call themselves geordies? :unsure:

i cant understand why people visit shields either, like people comin for day trips to metro centre, i cant stand bein in the place more than an hour unless i go to the weatherspoons above the cinema (cant remember name)

if your gonna get the sticky tape to hold it, then go to jims at the hill, will save u money compared to halfrauds and service is a lot better, hes a top bloke :thumbsup: helped me with a lot of car trouble.

i have fun with breezer , being a local north easterner myself. i could of called him alot worse.like A SMASHING lad for instance :lol::lol:

but you being young and a smart makem knew that didnt you buddy

I cant believe u called him that! :o whats he ever done 2 u? :huh:

ever notice that when makems go abroad they call themselves geordies? :unsure:

i cant understand why people visit shields either, like people comin for day trips to metro centre, i cant stand bein in the place more than an hour unless i go to the weatherspoons above the cinema (cant remember name)

Yeah but folk that are rarely at the metro centre would enjoy it as there are so many shops!

I used to love Metroland!! lol (But the rollercoaster scared me!) pmsl!! :D :D

cant believe how many people have been here :ph34r:

myths me :lol:

metroland lololol, haha! :lol:

youre from peterlee/durham arent you maleborn?

smashing lad! canny lad!

purely belter :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links