Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Want A Cd Player ...

happyheather

I know people have asked about cd players before on the forum, but theres lots of conflicting info about and Im confused. :(

I want a cd player for my 2001 yaris, but I dont want to lose my tape deck. Is this possible?

Where would I get one and who would install it (at a decent price?)

Also, I keep reading about AfterMarket. What is this? Is it a shop or stereo make? Where would I get one?

I was hoping to get a cd player put into my car tomorrow, but Im worried its quite compicated. :crybaby:

Hope someone can help me know where to begin.

Thanks in advance

Heather

Also, I keep reading about AfterMarket. What is this?

Welcome :thumbsup:

'AfterMarket' simply mean not OEM, eg Sony, Pioneer, Alpine etc.. basically, non-standard Toyota equipment.

Fiting is no problem, there's a couple of 'how to' guides to follow :thumbsup:

Ditch the tape, completely remove..

aftermarket is just simply the term used for a cd player bought after you have your car, which isnt a toyota one.

you can get a cd player, either a toyota one or a aftermarket one, it will go in the cash box below the tape deck.

simple job me thinx

ciao :)

Ta for the info on AfterMarket. :thumbsup:

When you say ditch the tape deck, is it necessary? (I have a ton of cheesy but loved tapes I like playing).

If I get a cd player fitted into the cash box area, can I still use the tape deck as well as the cd player?

And what is a realistic price to get a cd player fitted?

Heather

if you really wanted to kept the tape aswell as getting a cd you could get a genuine single disc or 6 disc from a main toyota dealer that fits the space under the tape. here it is about €170, so you still have the best of both worlds,

P.S

did you get the manuals i sent

Hi heather,

I have compiled an In-Depth fitting guide to a Stealth Installation of a Sony CDX-T70MX 6 CD MP3 Multichanger to a Standard Toyota Yaris Cassette Headunit.

This guide features step-by-step photos and concise tips how to carry out this installation yourself :-

TOYOTA YARIS CD MP3 MULTICHANGER INSTALLATION GUIDE

I look forward to all your feedback.

Regards

Fred.

:hokus-pokus:

ps - MODS please feel free to add this post to the technical archive, to enable easy access for fellow Toyota Owners Club members.

Hi Camshaft

I was going to search for your email address today to thank you for that pack, I got it yesterday. Im impressed! I thought I would just get the book, but I like the nice rubber folder holder. So thank you for sending that to me, it was good of you.

I phoned Halfords and they said they wouldnt let me keep the tape and have a cd player installed, I would need to have the cd player REPLACE the tape bit.

I know Halfords is a bit dearer for most things, but I dont know where else to buy a cd system and get it installed. Im in Glasgow, any suggestions anyone?

as far as I know, there is an option from Toyota, an JDM ver with both single disc player and tape built-in in the same dash.

however you may need to add an frequency adaptor for the tuner

Hi Camshaft

I spoke to the Toyota dealers here in Glasgow and they stated that a toyota stereo unit costs about £270. :o

Is it right that they go for 150 euros in ireland?

If thats the case (and its the right part with the right part number) then I'd be interested in trying to get a hold of one from you.

Im going to drive my yaris to the toyota garage tonight so they can tell me if I can actually get a stereo fitted as averywhere else is telling me its too difficult to do in my car :crybaby:

Speak to you soon

HappyHeather

• 3 weeks later...

I still have the standard Toyota cd player tape deck and radio.. but i added a 10 disc mp3 player... it's an F.M. Modulator it plugs into the back of the excisting radio and u just tune the radio into it.. np's and u get a control panel and a remote.

The cd changer itself goes in the boot or wherever u want to put it :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links