Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light Thing Problem

Jimlad

ok... for some reason when I open the doors, ( either one) the interior light doesn't switch on no matter what the switch is set to. Also the red lights on the actual doors themselves don't come on also.

Everything else seems to work as it should, ie the display on the dash comes on when a door is open etc.

Anyone got any ideas? Could it simply just be a duff fuse? If so any idea what fuse??

Have you tried playing around with the door switches? The contacts occasionally rust etc. causing a bad connection, unlikely to be both sides, but worth checking. Other than that I would say it is a fuse, most likely located in the box to the right of the accelerator.

If the door contacts are anything like Rover ones, they fail all the time.

Just out of interest, where is the interior light on a t bar and how good is it at lighting up the car inside? Just wondering if it's worth me taking the mod off I done on my Rover before I sell it.

Silly question :thumbsup:

Have you looked at the bulb ??

the lights come on if you press the buttons to switch them on. Just don't come on if you open the doors. Also the lights on the doors don't come on.

Could be a duff switch... but I doubt it. No reason as to why all of a sudden it would stop working.

Have you tried playing around with the door switches? The contacts occasionally rust etc. causing a bad connection, unlikely to be both sides, but worth checking. Other than that I would say it is a fuse, most likely located in the box to the right of the accelerator.

the door switches are fine as the display on the dash comes on when either of the doors are open.

Will check the fuses tomorrow.

I think you are looking at a fuse then. From memory, the rocker switch on the interior light has no effect on the door lights. If the fuses are ok, there is a dodgy wire somewhere in the circuit.

I have a similar problem but mine only plays up with the driver's door, sometimes it's fine but other times the lights won't work. I doubt mine is the fuses, it's more likely to be the connectors.

Where can this connector be found?

I think you are looking at a fuse then. From memory, the rocker switch on the interior light has no effect on the door lights. If the fuses are ok, there is a dodgy wire somewhere in the circuit.

yeah.. it seems to point to a fuse issue as both are not working, along with interior lights when doors open.

Will have a look tomorrow. Most likely to be located in the footwell in the cabin ??

there is a rocker switch on the light panel, sounds silly but have you had a play with it?

When my car was away getting painted it had been switched off and I thought mine was busted, till I figured it all out!

I found the fuse box, but it's in such a small and fiddly place that I couldn't get the cover of it off. Also it's getting dark which doesn't help.

Funny thing is, now the interior lights work, but the lights on the doors don't. Possibly a duff wire or something that I've somehow nudged ?? I'll have a play again tomorrow when it's light outside. Also see if I can get the cover of the fuse box off.

Does anyone know if the platic bit which surrounds the bonnet release catch can be pulled right off so I can get a better look ? It comes back so far, but seems to be attached somehow to the door sill bit. Hope you know what I mean.

I will tell you on here :P ( no phone call :D )

If you look at the front of the plastic strip you will see a small plastic nut,

take it of & it is then held down by little plugs start from the back & pull it up . :thumbsup:

I will tell you on here :P ( no phone call :D )

If you look at the front of the plastic strip you will see a small plastic nut,

take it of & it is then held down by little plugs start from the back & pull it up . :thumbsup:

will give it a bash tomorrow... hopefully I won't break anything. Cheers

I have a similar problem but mine only plays up with the driver's door, sometimes it's fine but other times the lights won't work. I doubt mine is the fuses, it's more likely to be the connectors.

Where can this connector be found?

Little rubber blobs on the pillar as you open the door. You'll need to peel the rubber back and sort the switch out. Mines doing the same every now and again. Will be sorting tomorrow.

Awwwwwwwww come on jimlad!!!!!!!

it's simple :blink:

it's easy :unsure:

my god! why did you not think about ......................

............................just getting rico to fix it! ;)

Awwwwwwwww come on jimlad!!!!!!!

it's simple :blink:

it's easy :unsure:

my god! why did you not think about ......................

............................just getting rico to fix it! ;)

I think he's fed up asking me to do things for him :D

I'll have a look before i go to work tomo, defo sounds like a fuse.

Its not the switches on the doors and the lights work if you switch them on from the console on the roof :huh:

I'm still having problems with my driver's door. When opening it the lights weren't coming on, tonight I messed about with the switch on the pillar and got it to work for a bit then it stopped again and no matter how much I fiddle with it now it just won't work again. I've tried pulling the rubber out the way and cleaning what I can see of the switch but still no good :angry: . Any suggestions?