Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlights

seveer unaek

I've been thinking recently (its a rare thing!) That i could do with some brighter headlights. I do a lot of night driving, and now its winter, there'll be even more!

Can anybody recommend a good aftermarket light bulb? I've heard that Philips do a good one, but i don't really know whats good! (Preferably the brightest that's legal!!) :D

I'm using Osram Silver Star's, they are really good compared to the original bulbs and they provide a hell lot more light on the road! The light isnt super white like those xenon ones but its better than Philips bulbs and definatley road legal aswell.

Check it out. www.powerbulbs.co.uk

:thumbsup:

How many times

Jaxx sells them for like 15 quid and they are well bright!

are the legal tho?

Thats something i'd like to know aswell .. :yes:

Re. bulbs,

I recently bought a Yaris and found the headlights to be not as bright as what I had fitted to my previous car.

I used to have a Renault Megane to which I fitted with a pair of 100/80watt bulbs from Halfords. This made driving at night a lot safer even though they were illegal, though the car went through the M.O.T. ok.

Before I sold the Renault I bought a pair of 60/55w xenon gas bulbs from Halfords and put them on the Renault and they were brighter than the 100/80w.

I put these bulbs in the Yaris but the brightness was not as good as they were in the Renault.

The Yaris reflector system is not as good as the old type as fitted to the Renault but fitting these bulbs from Halfords is well worth while.

I apologize for the old way of communication but I cannot write like you young ones. :thumbsup:

How many times

are the legal tho?

Nah, they arn't legal...and I'm sure he'll be the first to admit it.

And if you end up on the wrong side of me with illegal headlights I'd sue ya butt all the way to jail! already the morons are about driving around with the foglights on all day, now it's time time for those who want million watt candle power bulbs.

Sorry...but the more you see...the less everyone else sees... the wattage limits are there for a purpose.

Vipes

How many times

are the legal tho?

Nah, they arn't legal...and I'm sure he'll be the first to admit it.

And if you end up on the wrong side of me with illegal headlights I'd sue ya butt all the way to jail! already the morons are about driving around with the foglights on all day, now it's time time for those who want million watt candle power bulbs.

Sorry...but the more you see...the less everyone else sees... the wattage limits are there for a purpose.

Vipes

Err, i think you will find them legal, they are bright, but not that bright, the only thing thats noticable, is the light is white, rather than yellow, which is a hell of a lot better to see things with.

Well...if it's the same lights as was advetised before ...he said they wern't legal...but happy to stand corrected if they are different.

Besides...yellow is better to see things with over white unless your talking about totally clear conditions...if not then a coloured tint cuts through the grime much better and reflected light is reduced.

I've always found the Philips "Brighter than white" to be good, they have a slight blue tinge and seem to penetrate the murk much better.

Sorry...but I totally disaprove of anyone who uses over rated lamps, on public roads, totally selfish and ignorant.

as for those xenon dischrge bulbs you see in the Audi's and the like...how annoying are they! great if the car was not in motion..but for every bump you get blinded by the lights, they just appear to flicker constantly, damn anoying.

Vipes

I've always found the Philips "Brighter than white" to be good, they have a slight blue tinge and seem to penetrate the murk much better.

These sound like what i have.....

Rob sold me them :!Removed!:

i did have some bulbs

got no more

i personally use jap X-Whites at the minute, we had a group buy on them a bit back.

just a tad bright and probably highly illegal though :P and not cheap :eek:

just got some offebay for the citroen come from canada just put em in and they are well bright and almost HID effect, best bit they only cost £11.98 incl potage and insurance

i just got hold of two sets of PIAA from work to try tonight,

one set were lovely slight blue colour but VERY bright = to 140w

dont think they were very legal no e mark!!...other set i'm keeping

they are platinum white = to 110w and e marked.

not cheap but only the best for my baby

:yes:

I tried 'Rally Blue' bulds last year - 100/80s rather than the standard 60/55 jobs that come with the car.

Some of you guys gave me a warning - the higher wattage produces a greater drag on the wiring loom and is a candidate for melting!

One bulb dies not long after so I ditched the other and got the zenon ones.

As mentioned the zenon ones are bright and create no extra load on the loom.

Clarky

Got some Halfords Super Brights xenon technology for £12.99 per bulb, BUT! They were but 1, get 1 free! Just fitted them, waiting for it to get dark to see the differnce!

P.S. How hard is it to fit the left bulb??!!! Damn that fuse box!!

*washes greasy hands*