Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Speeding Fine Process

cookci

I got flashed doing 58 in a temporary 40 on the motorway.

i was sent a letter demanding i sign to admit i was driving the car at that time...

i did

next i received a letter demanding £60 and they will put 3 points on my license.

So.... i sent a letter asking if they have any evidence of the offense.

they sent one back saying yes but phone this number along with another demand for the money.

right i just phoned this number... i can only get evidence if i pay £18 for the photos or i can drive all the way down to eccles to see the photos!

Im half tempted to write another letter saying that im not willing to pay for any evidence for a crime you cannot prove i commited! although that doesnt make sense really!

what you all think?

ive read places that if u end up refusing to pay and wanting to go to court they usually will try make a settlement before the court just to save them hassle.

basically i want to right back saying that they cant demand money without providing evidence or something along those lines.

anyone any good with the legal side of things?

It sounds like you have already accepted liability by signing a letter saying you were drivng - there's their evidence.

Sorry.

If you wanted to contest, you shouldn't have done their letter but have sent your own letter asking for evidence of speeding on the road with times etc...

It sounds like you have already accepted liability by signing a letter saying you were drivng - there's their evidence.

Sorry.

If you wanted to contest, you shouldn't have done their letter but have sent your own letter asking for evidence of speeding on the road with times etc...

If you go to court they'll turn up on the day with the photos and the signed stement that you were driving. Guilty, case closed. You'll get a bigger fine, more points and costs to pay for your troubles... Not really worthwhile is it...

have to agree with gsb - i paid my £60 AND ATE HUMBLE PIE ,most insurance companies ignore it after year 2 anyways, my insurance rose 80 quid in year 1 .

58 IN A 40 :ban: ;)

I know what you should do!

Not break the law and then complain!

Think most of us have probably broken a few laws, and it`s human nature to complain at our own misfortunes if we're caught. Sad but true.

Please dont start me off on the hypocrite thing again. :lol:

every one has been over the speed limit, lets not be hipercrites here

*spellin is pants i know

get a speed camera detector, it wont stop cameras from flashing at you but it will make you aware when one is near to you

get a speed camera detector, it wont stop cameras from flashing at you but it will make you aware when one is near to you

I'd just swallow your pride, pay the fine & accept the points. At least it wasn't an instant ban  :bye:

GOOD POINTS :thumbsup:

If the police take a pic of your car whilst your speeding the first thing they have to do is enlarge the picture :yes: , just to make sure they can read your number plate.

then if you take it to court they then have to enlarge the picture again so everyone in court can clearly see the number plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE??????????????? ;)

If the police take a pic of your car whilst your speeding the first thing they have to do is enlarge the picture :yes: , just to make sure they can read your number plate.

then if you take it to court they then have to enlarge the picture again so everyone in court can clearly see the number plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

TAMPERING WITH EVIDENCE??????????????? ;)

Apparently new speed cameras are digital instead of the more traditional roll of film.

Now correct me if i`m wrong.... But. Aren`t digital images inadmissable as evidence? Something to do with them being too easy to alter.

Anybody know if this is true? :blink:

Just don't speed past speed cameras, it's as easy as that!

you are on a dual carrageway. what are you going to,

stop and reverse?

that would be difficult

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links