Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Ist

RFvitz

i remember someone had posted a pic of this car and said it was to be the new shape yaris.

Well its not... in japan its being sold as the "Toyota IST".

NCP2060-002845%20F.JPG

NCP2060-002845%20L.JPG

NCP2060-002845%20R.JPG

NCP2060-002845%20B.JPG

NCP2060-002845%20I.JPG

Ref: NCP2060-002845

Model: Toyota IST - 2002

Arriving: MID JANUARY

Colour: WHITE   Engine: 1.3 VVT-I

Mileage: N/A    Type: HATCHBACK

Transmission: Automatic

Price: Lm6800

Options: POWER STEERING, FRONT DRIVER AND PASSENGER AIRBAGS, TINTED GLASS, ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE MIRRORS, CENTRAL LOCKING, A.B.S, RADIO WITH CD PLAYER AND AIR-CONDITIONED.

Remarks: THIS CAR COMBINES THE CONVENIENCE OF WAGONS AND THE DYNAMIC FEEL OF SUVs IN A SOLID, SPORTY FORM.

quite a few similar features to the yaris.....especially interior bits.

tbh i aint too keen on it at all. I do love the front lights however :D

:blink: :!Removed!: eww!! ok sorry but i dont like that at all, think thats horrible, looks like a cross between a yaris and a c2

ugly in my opinion

seems to be a cross between alot of cars!!

the back window looks like the new shape megane! bonnet looks same as a corolla.

lad just to let ye know the NEW yaris will be base on a updated toyota "ist" that is in japan, and yea wait to see the 3 door it is a lot better, what they are doing is something like what they did this year with the corolla verso, which is base on car that is already in japan. it does drive a lot better in standard mode than the current model does. here are a few pics of the IST/YARIS on test

car_portal_pic_16010.jpg

new_yaris.jpg

car_portal_pic_16011.jpg

I saw one of these while i was in Hong Kong and it had been modded with the C-One kit and it looked really nice! :yes:

I think to be honest this car looks alot better in the flesh than it does in pics and i'm sure a 3 door version will look alot better aswell. :thumbsup:

i'm pretty sure thats not going to be the new yaris, the toyota IST was out for about two years already in Japan. i think this car uses the same chassis as the yaris and many things are the same...i've also seen a few done up IST and they look alrite, i dont think it looks that bad but i would prefer the yaris. :thumbsup:

yaris-nut: is that the one in black with a c-one carbon fibre bonnet?

yaris-nut: is that the one in black with a c-one carbon fibre bonnet?

Nah mate it was a white one with a carbon bonnet. Looked real nice ... was virtually chasing it down the street trying to get a closer look at it. Luckily for me there wasnt too much chasing involved being in Hong Kong an' all! .. :lol:

its probably quite nice if they had some decent pics of it??

how about these?

2001_ist_3.jpg

126_2625.sized.jpg

image012.jpg

ok just a couple there? but looks ok to me!

saw one of the IST in town today. didn't actually look too bad externally, but the interior is kack! not really a car for modifying i'd say, but if you managed it it'd be pretty unique

• 4 years later...

Well I drive a Toyota Ist and yes its an automatic! Its my first auto and to be honest I wasn't sure on that, but when I first saw it I thought, Interesting! Where I live there are many of these cars and I have seen many that have been modified, including one with gull wing doors? Strange! They are very nice to drive but horrendous to park! My husband who works in the motor trade, cant stand to park it, and curses and then I take over having got used to it now! But don't put down its looks, with its higher driving seat and its overdrive, it works well for me! :D