Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The Difference

Old Fart

Can anybody tell me what is the difference between a French made Yaris and a Japanese one.

The CDX I have has a made in France sticker in the windscreen.

Thanks,Mike.

the japanese ones seem to have better build quality and a tad more sound proofing at the front, but no real problems so to speak you'll still love it too much!

What determines which one you'll get? For example, if you buy a new one from a dealership, or even second hand through Automart or whatever.

Do they all have these stickers?

Hi there and welcome to the club!

I've owned both and, whilst there are a myriad of detail changes, both are just darn good cars!

Here's a link to another thread about this:- Linky

I believe I posted a link to another thread on this topic somewhere down there...

Have fun!

A

Mines made in France and seems fine, have got a few minor rattles but as it's always said "if it dont rattle it's not Toyota!"

i know a lad who works in Toyota and he says all t sports are made in Japan, is this true?

Every phase 2 T-Sport is made in Japan AFAIK! And most phase 1 T-Sports aswell! :thumbsup:

As far as i know all pre-facelift T-Sports and SR's are made in Japan, and pre-2002 Yarii should be made in Jap aswell. As i think they started making them in France in 2002 .. correct me if i'm wrong.

:thumbsup:

we have a new facelift red 3 door yaris t-sport here that is jap chassic number-JTDJT1235/00059053

we have a new facelift red 3 door yaris t-sport here that is jap chassic number-JTDJT1235/00059053

Don’t let it go!!!

what you mean???

Ill be over cam to have a look at it on showtime next saturday..Is it fitzpatricks in naas?

no kildare town, come over on sunday i`ll might not be there on sat

Don’t let it go!!!

what you mean???

If you have Japanese built T Sport, keep it!

With the new Yaris due out next year, who knows if the YTS equivalent will still be built in Japan, seeing as a lot of Toyotas now are built in other countries, UK included, I find my T-Sport more and more desirable.

i wish i could but have to pay the bills somehow

Same here - I have an 04 TS which was built in Japan :D

I have a Japanese 1.0 Lt ... it's badged as the VItz ...

kinda fixed some of the rattling probs ...

One thing for sure ... my baby ROLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS