Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Speakers

Plug

Good luck with that.. You cant really go wrong (can you?!)

Any more inf, give us a shout..  :thumbsup:

You'd be surprised how horribly wrong that can go!! Nah, should be easy peasy! Just gotta take out old toyota ones, fit new ones, put covers on and voila! Better Speakers!

Thanks for all the info... much appreciated. Will try to get door's done within next week or so!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seveer unaek

• Chappers

• Ryan1985

• breezer

upgrading my rear shelf speakers today!

Well, that was the plan anyway! But then i was thinking about how i've set up Home cinema systems far and wide, and when incorporating music... you gotta keep the soundstage at the front... it's the same in a car! Upgrading rears will pull sound away from front.... and sound !Removed!. Right... wait for good weather and the doors get done first! Got a set of Focal Access 130CA. Very VERY nice Speakers. Don't know if they'll be too deep though... anybody know how deep you can have them?

Also, Chappers... this spacer you got... does it fit Yaris easy? And can you remeber size of rivet? (so i can buy all my stuff before i start taking things apart!) Nice to be prepared!

Cheers

Also, Chappers... this spacer you got... does it fit Yaris easy? And can you remeber size of rivet? (so i can buy all my stuff before i start taking things apart!) Nice to be prepared!

Cheers

The adapters were a straight fit, both for the Speakers and to attach to the door.. The holes mate(d) up with the Speakers, I then wired them up and the same holes in the door were used to re-rivet the adapters back on..

If you get the speaker adapters, (take them into a hardware store or whatever) then simply push a rivet through the holes, do so until you have a nice fit.

Ill ask a mate about the part numbers, I may still have the receipt

:thumbsup:

Thanks for that... i'll be having me some better door Speakers soon! I think pioneer do some official Yaris ones but they'll be pricey!

official Yaris ones

What does that mean? :unsure: It's not as if they are special..

Just get some 13's and go into <cough> Halfrauds <cough> and check out item code 957324 and see what comes up.. :thumbsup:

You know, ones that say 'made for Yaris' or some thing like that! But cheers for the part number... very helpfull!

No probs, make sure you get the digi cam out and take photo's of the installation..  :thumbsup:

Without a doubt... i'll attempt to make a write up in true *****-it-up style!!

Oh, got my subwoofer fitted... brilliant piece of kit, sounds awesome... nothing over-powering (unless i want to rattle the windows out!!) but it add's so much to the sound! It's fitted under driver's seat with remote on dash. Will get piccy's up asap!

P.S. Weather permiting... door Speakers will be done on saturday, so expect write up sat night! *crosses fingers for good weather*

Right, got the sub fitted... Here's the piccys!

In the box! (Or for the chav's.... innit)

th_e922d_SubBox.JPG

Under the seat!

th_0fdbe_Sub.JPG

Lovely little removable remote (Hide it under steering wheel when parked)

th_1e7f2_SubRemote.JPG

It's smashing!

GRRR!

Went to Halfords this morning (both stores near me) and they don't keep them in stock, and the order would be at least a week... one guy was very rude too saying that the Celica one's won't fit a Yaris, so i told them they would as someone i knew had them fitted perfect. He didn't like me arguing as he then said, well, i can't order only one, so i'd have to charge £10 extra for delivery (making it £30!!!) I'd had enough, told him that was rediculous and left...

Went to Unicar... brilliant staff.... brilliant service.... they couldn't get a celica one, BUT! They could get... a Yaris one! Top effort!! Ordered for £16 delivery in 2-3 days. Now that's more like it... more stores like this one please!

Only problem is i can't fit them until next week! (I have no patience what-so-ever) Bummer!

Cracking story :lol:

&#33;Removed&#33; Halfrauds..

Just downloaded the Autoleasds catalogue and saw the Yaris ones in there! Ah well a day too late. :bookworm:

Right, finally got the Speakers done!! And the guide to go with it:

How to.... Upgrade the door speakers

Unfortunatley i couldn't use the Speakers i originally purchased as they were too small for the spacer (13cm) - gotta use 16.5cm Speakers with the spacers!

They're a lovely set of Panasonic CJ-SS177, nothing OTT, just a good, solid, old-style speaker! And they work a treat, very good detail etc! Anyway, have a ganders at the guide if you're wanting to see my lame attempt at changing the speakers!!

P.S. If Mod's like this, it might be nice for the How To's link!!!

Link works, great write up, lots of pics, even tested before re-fitting the door...genious!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: 4 thumbs from me (would get 5 if it was a harder job!) ;)

Thanks!

It was a hard job for me! I aint done much other shizz before! Not an experienced DIY-er!

Next job on the ICE front is to upgrade the dash Speakers... anybody know how thats done?? Infact, i'll have a look myself, lets not be lazy!! :)

You make it sound easy peasy lemon squeezy!! :D

It'll be next year though before that happens, i aint got no money left now!! 2nd chunk of student loan comes after x-mas! £1000!!

Mind you, i gotta pay off debts of £800! But im sure all will be fine!!

It is that's why!.. As long as you disconnect the supply, whether it be Electrical/mechanical/pnuematic/hydraulic etc not alot can go wrong that you can't fix.

Leave the supply on.. and you kill yourself.

Well...there's a chance of it. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links