Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Pics (th New Toyota Small Hatch)

TarikB

I believe this is the new smaller Toyota that has been mentioned several times on here.

The Yaris is being updated/replaced next year and this is a completely different/new model, smaller than the Yaris.

It shares the same underneaths with the Pug 1007 which has the slidy doors.

I like the back, but the front looks a bit puckered to me. Guess it won't come this the T Sport alloys though!

A

Not too sure about this ... it looks a bit like a Pug .. which isnt good! :cacker:

But need to see more pictures of it to be sure really.

There is a new baby Citroen based on the same platform too. I think/guess it will be called the C1 as it's smaller than the C2...

(but was the C1 not the BMW scooter-with-roof? Name may be different then)

A

I agree the back, espically the lights does look like the new 3 Door Colt, which looks a great car.

Interesting... have to see in the flesh!

Ok guys, you must understand that the pictures above are most likely Photoshop renderings patched together from various photos of Corolla and Yaris and god-knows-what-else (Alfa 147 comes to mind)...that's why it's ugly...AYGO will NOT look like that...

Toyota's first foray into the growing micro-car segment of the car market will be badged Aygo, Marketing can reveal.

The car manufacturer, which plans to unveil the car next March at the Geneva Motor Show, is eager to give the brand a more youthful edge and plans to establish the Aygo as the 'leading urban car across Europe'.

The pan-European marketing strategy, which is being overseen by European marketing director John Williams, is still being developed, but it is expected that advertising will predominantly target 18-to 35-year-olds.

In February Toyota hired Clemmow Hornby Inge to help develop its advertising strategy for the Aygo, and in May it handed its media planning business to ZenithOptimedia. Promotional activity will not begin until next year, in the run-up to the car's launch in July.

The Aygo's positioning will be similar to that of Toyota's Scion brand in the US. However, Scion is marketed as a sister brand to Toyota, as Lexus is, whereas Aygo will be promoted under the Toyota marque.

The micro-car sector is dominated by DaimlerChryslerowned Smart in the UK, which has a 0.4% share of the market.

Toyota declined to comment.

Copyright Haymarket Business Publications Ltd. Aug 25, 2004

Browsing through another European country's Toyota website I found a link to the Aygo website.

I've signed up for the newsletter out of interest and downloaded the screensaver and phone image because I'm a nosey sod!

Website is "interesting" in that curiously pseudo-funky "European" way as you can mix movies and stuff. More of a lifestyle statement than an information page at the mo...

Worth a look anyhow...

Cheers,

A

Me again!

Here's the text of the Toyota France website where the link was...

Topicality

The future small Toyota will be called "Aygo"

Thierry Dombreval, Vice-Président of Toyota Motor Marketing Europe (TMME) revealed today with World Car the name of the future model of entry of range: the Toyota Aygo.

"This model which will position before Yaris is an enthralling and dynamic contribution in our range. It will offer an experiment of attractive control in the urban environment and will allure the young adults who want to combine the pleasure of leading but as higher quality and reliability as only offer a Toyota "

The name chosen by Toyota for this new model associates two syllables which come from English: "I" and "Go". Literally translated by "I go there", this name reflects well the aspirations of his prospective customers.

The Toyota Aygo will be built in Czech Republic in the very new factory resulting from the joint-venture with PSA Peugeot Citroen. When it starts production in 2005, it will increase the output of Toyota in Europe of 100.000 units.

You inform about www.aygo.com

Yeah the Aygo is Toyota's new little car from the Toyota-Peugeot-Citroen collaboration. The cars will share the same chassis and have different styled bodies, not just a Badge engineering exercise.

As I understand it, the Aygo will only come with a 1 litre engine and is smaller than the Yaris.