Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing Std Headlamps With Super Whites

IceHz

I’ve been thinking of replacing the standard headlamps with super white 100W’s. Does anyone have experience with what sort of an effect it will have on the front plastic lens (I mean does it melt the thing or something? :eek: ) & will it cause any damage to the wiring loom as it is designed for the 55/60W also do you need to replace the standard fuse with a higher rating?

:help:

Thanks!

and 100W lamps are illegal...if your involved in an accident, and the other party says they were blinded ...which they will be....you'll be sued.

If the police stop you...you'll be done for driving an unroad worthy vehicle.

Harsh..but true.

Sorry..said it before..but no patience for selfish drivers who just think of themselves. :angry:

If your using ya motor off road however...aye the loom isn't up for it, and you'll need to upgrade. The heat output shouldn't be too much of a problem for the lens...but perhaps for the holder. Also may find you'll need an uprated alternator..if your running other high usage leccy equipment.

Vipes

Thanks guys... will look for something in the 60's range I guess... out here the normal temperature is around 30C (Asia!) & I don't think the lens will take kindly the additional heat by 100W's.

Vipes – I too hate the morons who don’t dip the headlights specially buses whose heads are more like in direct line of sight & it’s a very common thing around here… :angry: my concern is the street lighting is horrible in most areas & I really don’t want to runover a cyclist or something

as for law wonder even if it is specified as to what is illegal :blink:

So maybe a xennon or 60 super white I guess

:thumbsup:

Dunno where it's specified...but there is a maximum wattage of front light output.

Hence why driving with foglights...and/or drivinglights in normal conditions is also illegal

That time of year again though...a little bit of mist...and every muppet drives around with fog lights on constantly....rears as well usually!

I agree though sodium street lights are pap...they create sooo many shadows and make it difficult to pick objects out.

I'd be the first to stick a million candle power bulb in my car if I could.

Vipes

...and every muppet drives around with fog lights on constantly....rears as well usually!

Don't get me started Viper!!! :ffs: