Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Web Browser

daktari

Hi all. Just downloaded Opera to replace IE and decided i dont like it. (Too fussy.)

Does anyone have any recomendations?

TIA Dak

PS how do i un install IE? :bookworm:

www.mozilla.org

mozilla firefox, best browser available

oh and, you can't uninstall IE - it's an integral part of the windows OS (which is why it's so vulnerable to attacks/exploits from the WWW)

Nice one i`ll give it a whirl. So do i just remove the IE icon from my desktop and forget about it? :huh:

make sure you set firefox as your default browser

how freaky, after being so fed up of IE, i decided to install firefox....

Its mint, just one question, how can i get the email links to load up in the same window, instead of a new window every time?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Matt

Just downloaded Opera to replace IE and decided i dont like it. (Too fussy.)

What?? personaly think opera's the best one out there, uses least resources (only hast to load on HWND). I find mozilla too bland makes me feel like i'm back at primary school. but it's personal preferance.

mozilla does everything u need, pretty much (don't make u cups of coffee tho neither does opera, :crybaby: ).

I use Firefox... great browser.

On a side note... I also use Mozilla's e-mail client, Thunderbird... also very good.

Its mint, just one question, how can i get the email links to load up in the same window, instead of a new window every time?

in the address bar type "about:config" it will then display a long list of variables

find "browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs" in the list (either by scrolling or by stating to type in the search/filter box) and change the value to true (double click or right click and toggle)

You can then select "force links that open new windows to open in: new tabs" from tools>options>advances>tabbed browsing.

I would also highly recomend the following extensions:

Mouse Guestures

allows you to for example hold right button and tap left button to go back a page, or hold left and tap right for forward, hold right button and move mouse down then right to close tab. etc etc. there is lots of them, makes browsing so much faster and convenient.

Download Manager Tweak[/url

Makes download viewer a lot more user friendly

undoclosetab

accidentally close a tab u were looking at? right click on page and click undo to get the tab back

tabx

sessionsaver

to name but a few, big list avaliable here

Is firefoz actually worth getting to replace IE then?

I hear IE is quite unsafe, but I have firewall galore and a good AV...

Will it make much difference?

I'm currently using AOL which has it's own browser, is a virus and controls every aspec of your PC for you :ph34r:

It makes IE look like the mutts nuts :D

I sometime use IE whilst connected to AOL and I have never had a problem with IE using other ISP's either.