Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Courtesy Car

Chappers

My cars in for bodywork repair..in exchange for a T3, (i think it's a T3 :lol: ) first impressions..

Hate the digital display and the 'dome' it comes in, prefer the 'old' style..

And the bit in the passenger sidedash

Steering is light as hell (thought mine was bad)

Cannot feel the clutch what-so-ever.. undecided whether this is good or bad thing at the mo

Gear box is lovely and smooth

And it's a 1.0l (just like mine, so cant complain!)

Oh and it's white.. :ph34r:

Hate the digital display and the 'dome' it comes in, prefer the 'old' style..

And the bit in the passenger sidedash

Steering is light as hell (thought mine was bad)

Yeah, i much prefer the old style... new one just doesn't quite look as good! What's the bit in the passenger sidedash?

In regards to steering, mine is fairly heavy... a good weighty feel to it! But, when iv had a new micra as a courtesy car the steering on that you could do with your little finger... far too light, infact... it was horrid. Hope you get it back not a minute too soon!

Sounds crap to me.

Anyway, if there are any phase-two-ers reading this who havn't seen a phase one speedo, this is it:

th_3e3d0_Speedo.JPG

And that's why we prefer it... it looks better!

seveer unaek, The display in a phase two Yaris is pretty much the same as the photo you posted apart from the fuel gage is slightly different.

Chappers, sounds as though you have a T2 as a courtesy car as this does not have a passenger airbag. In it's place is a tray in the dash which could be what your describing.

Yarisldc

Nah the display is quite different if you look..

Probably is a T2 mate, only drove it for 10mins/didnt take notice of the outside :thumbsup:

Yeah the dash is hideous :o

White? The masochists!

Personally, I prefer the new style display and I've never noticed much different about the dome...

What holder thingy?

I do like the T-Sport dials... very sporty. But i actually prefer the digital displays. I always have, ever since seeing certain films such as Gleaming the Cube and Back to the future (On doc's RC) and in today's world of speed camera's and the like, its far easier to read a digital speedo at a glance than it is an analogue one. In my opinion that is!

It was the dashboard that really sold me on my first Yaris and I still love it.

Personally, I feel that Toyota missed a trick by not putting the digital dash in the T-Sport, but I'm sure T-Sport drivers will disagree.

The first thing people say when they get into the car is, "Cool! Where are all the dials?".

...and only I can see how fast/slow I'm, going!

A

Same here, everybody say's

Wow! Look at that!

when they see it, and when my girllriends in the car (who drive's like a 90yr old) is moaning on at me, saying 'What speed are you doing??!!' I can say, 'Oh, about 12mph!'

Brill!

hate new shape for steering an clutch there both just toooo light no feel for the car at all, fine if its ur mums car or your grans but no gud for thrashing (thats wot courtesy cars are for aint it?)

You were driving a T2 which has tiny little skinny wheels (like my old S). The steering is light in the others, but heavier than the T2 and changing the tyres helps.

Don't have a problem with the clutch in my D-4D as its much heavier (not hard!) than the 1.0l ones.

I have a phase 2 T3 and love it!!

When mine went in to get a key scratch repaired (some idiot decided to scratch her when she was 3 weeks old outside my house!) I got a silver T3.

Wouldnt have liked a T2 lol!

This is what my display looks like, this was taken a few weeks ago:

DSCI0007.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links