Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Alarm&immob Have You Fitted

dudeone

Hi,

So just for the Ins Co ive had a Cobra Cat 2 Immob fitted.

This is all well and good but I want a full alarm and Immob fitting to my car so that when I leave it I know or im 99% sure it will still be there when I come back.

So who's had what fitted and how much, I don’t need a Certificate of fitment as I will keep the Cobra and just use that for Ins purposes and my mate fits alarms but has not got a stamp, I just want piece of mind.

I am presently considering these systems:

Toad:

C5T2/MP5

AI606

Clifford:

Intelliguard 750

Concept 450 G5

Concept 300 G4

I am leaning toward getting a Clifford Concept 450 G5 system as from what ive read this is the only one that has a built in turbo timer, so I presume most other systems will go T*Ts up when you keep the engine running on for a few mins?

Has anyone got one of these fitted and what does everyone think to these system's please

Cheers all :thumbsup:

Dave

I had a Clifford Concept 300 on my previous car (Golf GTi) and TBH I hated it!!!! Now I know this will go against what alot of people will say as it is a v popular alarm but I couldnt get it set up right!

My problems were more to do with the company that fitted it and not the alarm itself (not a problem you will have it you are getting a mate to fit it?). It either went off all the time of not at all, there didnt seem to be any middle ground - to the point that I used to leave it off :!Removed!:

I will be interested in what people on here recomend as I should sort mine before spending money on it!

im looking at the toad one also was quoted 199 fitted , its a good alarm by all accounts and is thatcham 1 :thumbsup:

I've had a couple of concept 300's fitted and they work well. The fitter is highly recommended, based in Thornton Heath, Surrey. He sells Toads but says they are not as good as the Clifford.

The only thing I hate is the self arming feature of the cat 1. If I have to take my car to a garage, they always have problems and I ened up writing instructions down for them. If the insurance request a thatcham whenI get the 2 I will get a Clifford again but I think I will be able to get away with the standard alarm.

My theory is, if they are going to nick it, they will whatever you have fitted.

have you got the mr2 yet dave , pics when you can mate , lets see it. :thumbsup:

i went for the toad ai606 - built in immobiliser , it puts electric windows up for you also , and arms itself if you forget. its only for piece of mind , insurance drops £9 if i have the cat 1 system fitted lmao. :lol::thumbsup:

have you got the mr2 yet dave , pics when you can mate  , lets see it.  :thumbsup:

i went for the toad ai606 - built in immobiliser , it puts electric windows up for you also , and arms itself if you forget. its only for piece of mind , insurance drops £9 if i have the cat 1 system fitted lmao.  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Hi,

Yeh picked her up yesterday mate, I cant stop finding reasons to go to the shops etc. I have a Cobra Cat 2 fitted which is all the Ins have asked for I just want better to stop the general thief.

I agree with Fitz

My theory is, if they are going to nick it, they will whatever you have fitted.

But I want a better system fitting just for my piece of mind.

The Toad alarm does that operate as a central locking system the reason I ask is that car came with the std key that has the 2 buttons for locking and unlocking but there pretty crap to be fair, I have to stand cm's away from the car to get it to work, I read that the toad AI606 can operate as a remote central locking key is this right?

also need help:

Every time I try to attatch a pic I get this mesage:

''The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments''

Anyone help me sort this out????

Cheers Dave

Every time I try to attatch a pic I get this mesage:

''The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments''

Anyone help me sort this out????

Your images are too large. They need to be resized using windows paint or some such. :thumbsup:

Hi Dave

Man you should have got Philip to sort one out for you buddy. I got Philip to sort out a alarm for me. It's a cobra Cat 1/2 and it's thatcham approved as well and i have the certificate as well. I only wish that you had said so before and you could have done a deal with him mate :(

jerry!!

I recently had an alarm fitted....did a fair bit of research and came to the conclusion that you can buy the most expensive alarm but if the install is crap it ain't gonna do jack. I got one of my mates to install mine & he did an absolutly MINT install. Surprisingly I scored my alarm for cheap as it was a "chinese" version and the install instructions were in chinese.....just got a chinese mate to traslate the wiring instructions. I also didn't want any "auto" re-arming feature if I dis-arm and get in the car to listen to some music....if I dis-arm the alarm but don't get into the car it will re-arm after 30 secs. I turned my shock sensor down to the lowest setting so as not to get false alarms. I specificly wanted a paging system with mine, 2000 metre paging if someone trys to break into the car. Was also keen on the remote start so I can warm the car up before leaving in the mornings....works a treat :) Mine also has dual imobilisers too. To be honest I don't really recognise any of those brands mentioned above but being in NZ with a different range I'd expect that. Dynatron, Uniden, & Mongoose are common one's here in NZ. Mine is a Steelmate alarm, really really feature packed....add on's etc avalible for window rolling up etc. Also one thing I wanted was as well as the siren I got mine hooked up to the horn...REALLY loud!! If someone is gonna break into it Im happy for it to be as loud as posible.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I have a Sigma Catagory 1 fitted (can't remember the exact model) but the best thing about it is that it automatically rolls up the windows if they are leftopen. It was professionally fitted, and in the last 7 years it hasn't given me one ounce of trouble. I agree with Kiwi, if it is fitted properly, then you won't or shouldn't have any problems. At the end of the day it is indeed true that if someone really wants to nick something they will. The big plus point is that MR2's aren't really worth all that much nowadays, so theives will tend to steal cars of higher value. Having said that it is vandalism that is a real worry, and there isn't much an alarm can do about that! I always try and park the car as close to my bedroom window as possible. that way, if the alarm goes off, i can hear it and respond immediately, if only to shout accross the street!!

Also one thing I wanted was as well as the siren I got mine hooked up to the horn...REALLY loud!! If someone is gonna break into it Im happy for it to be as loud as posible.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

The sad thing certainly here in the UK is people ignore car alarms and house alarms and put it down to 'false alarm' like it usually is.

That doesn't help the person who walks out in the morning to no car when the neighbour says "Oh, I heard that going off last night....I had trouble getting back to sleep.....oh well, as long as your insured"

Hi,

I am leaning toward getting a Clifford Concept 450 G5 system as from what ive read this is the only one that has a built in turbo timer, so I presume most other systems will go T*Ts up when you keep the engine running on for a few mins?

Has anyone got one of these fitted?

Cheers Dave

I have an aftermarket turbo timer with my alarm...completly different brands. I can have the turbo timer running the car & it also being armed no problem....a decent installer should be able to make both work with no issues.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I have an aftermarket turbo timer with my alarm...completly different brands. I can have the turbo timer running the car & it also being armed no problem....a decent installer should be able to make both work with no issues.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Hi,

Excellent I just thought I wonder what would hapen with the timer running and the system armed.

So mate what time is it over there in NZ? I should know as me sister lives in Browns bay.

Cheers Dave

Hi,

Cheers Dave

I have a Cliffie Concept 500 G4. It has the built in turbo timer. An excellent alarm, but a little complicated to get it set up right. When you get it right it's not a problem. No false alarms. Setting valet mode to fill up with fuel takes a bit of getting used to, but no big deal. My only criticism is that there is no indication of the turbo timer running and if you press the TT button again it toggles it on and off. Nice to be able to get out of the car with the TT running and be able to turn it off by pressing the button. My advice would be to fit a 12v LED alongside the relay driven by the TT output so you know it's running.

I have a Cliffie Concept 500 G4. It has the built in turbo timer. An excellent alarm, but a little complicated to get it set up right. When you get it right it's not a problem. No false alarms. Setting valet mode to fill up with fuel takes a bit of getting used to, but no big deal. My only criticism is that there is no indication of the turbo timer running and if you press the TT button again it toggles it on and off.  Nice to be able to get out of the car with the TT running and be able to turn it off by pressing the button. My advice would be to fit a 12v LED alongside the relay driven by the TT output so you know it's running.

Hi,

Thanx for that info, I think i will be going with the Clifford as ive read alot about them and they have been out for years, sounds like a good plan wirring a LED to tell when its running.

Cheers Dave

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Hi,

Excellent I just thought I wonder what would hapen with the timer running and the system armed.

So mate what time is it over there in NZ? I should know as me sister lives in Browns bay.

Cheers Dave

It WAS 10:54pm on Sunday night...now 11:26am on monday morning :) Browns bay....that's a suburb up in Auckland, nice area....some pretty flash house's up there........good beach to :)

My alarm has no problems with being armed & engine running....once when I 1st had it put in I tried to drive off while it was running but the alarm was still armed and as soon as the handbrake was taken off & I started moving the whole car just shut down....I couldn't drive off until I had dis-armed it. To be honest as mentioned above you should be pretty sweet with almost any set up as long as you have a good installer set it up....soldering every join rarther than using those connectors....taking the time to hide & run the wires properly etc :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

i have the toad ai606.....................................

................ well i have it but stupidly havent had it fitted yet and i bought it 4 months ago.

but i did my reasearch and for value for money and featured at was best imo

I think Clifford can have some problems running another brand turbo timer so if you've gone for the built in one then that's probably the best one to get.

But Cliffords are reknowned for their unreliability. Toad is a good make, I got it on mine, and it's my 3rd one now on 3 cars. AI606 IS the MP5 neway.

i booked my gt4 in next week for a toad ai606 £ 199 fitted - so a big **** YOU mr.thief scumbag

Hi,

Cheers Dave

Wrong. I have a Concept 300 fitted to mine, and it has the turbo timer function. It's a great alarm and has never caused any problems. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Cheers Dave

Wrong. I have a Concept 300 fitted to mine, and it has the turbo timer function. It's a great alarm and has never caused any problems. :thumbsup:

Earl - who did you use to fit yours? I am in Cardiff and need to get a new alarm sorted but the guys who fitted my last one never got it right :ffs: - any recommendations would be cool :thumbsup:

Ed

Hi,

Please scrub my message saying:

Hi,

Well Ive taken the plung and gone for a clifford Concept 450 G5 system, as in this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

As ive had a nightmare with the seller :ffs: :censor: so I am getting a full refund and getting a Toad AI606 instead. :thumbsup::lol:

Dave