Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Beloved Karis....

Demonic Angel

I'm very sad to inform all of you that, last night, I was involved in another car accident!

Thats 2 in a year, you all cry - well yes it is, but once again, not my fault and nothing I could do!

A group of teenagers stole a suped up Ford Focus from my village and went on a joyriding spree across the roads in Leics.... I was on my way to Nuneaton for a party down the A47 and coming up to the roundabout for the A5.

They turned the corner of the roundabout at about 60mph and lost control, came onto my side of the road and hit me head on - I was doing 40 (it was a 40 zone before anyone tuts at me for speeding - I wasnt!), they were doing 60, so the full force was about 100mph.

Once again I have come away relatively unscathed, although in much worse shape than last time, got bad whiplash, but other than that just bruising - the paramedics said I was lucky to walk away.

My beloved Karis though, is a mess. She is most probably a write off. She took most of the brunt, all her front is caved in, but at least the airbags went off, without those I'd still be in the hospital. The Ford Focus was also a state, but the lads didnt stick around to apologise, they pegged it into a nearby industrial estate - the swines could have left me for dead and they didnt give two hoots.

Anyway the police came, got the sniffer dogs out to find the lads but no joy!

And because the car was stolen and driven by a bloke not likely to be insured, thats my no claims gone!

Anyway, I'm trying to keep in good spirits but its hard, I'm utterly devastated that this is my 2nd accident this year and worse of all, I know it wasnt my fault but I'll be penalised for it because they were unisured and in a stolen car!

I will find out for sure in a week or so if Karis is truly a write-off but from what the police said, if she isnt it'll be a miracle. Its sad but I'm upset at losing Karis more than anything, more so than when I lost Dell (my first car which was forced off the road by a lorry!), although he survived, Karis probably wont.

Bit of scary trivia, I had Dell for exactly 10 months when the lorry forced me off the road in Coventry, I've had Karis for almost exactly 10 months and this has happened - I think I'm cursed with cars!

Nevertheless I will be buying another Yaris possibly end of Dec 2004 or early Jan 2005. The car is wonderful and I know it sounds corny but I believe it saved my life - I could not be here right now if it wasnt for the 4 star NCAP rating! Thank god I didnt own a Seicento! Typical woman though - when I was in the hospital and Rich said that I could buy another Yaris, my first words were "But I can never get another Yaris in Balearic Blue!" My sense of humour is still intact if nothing else is!

I know I havent been on much recently, but now I'll be on even less as I dont have a Toyota to share with everyone! Hopefully I'll be back soon, with a better car, but who knows - right now I need some time to sort stuff out, like the insurance and my car finance (thank god for Gap Insurance!)

Just proves what ******s are about on our roads - I cant fault the police though - they were lovely (and not bad looking for coppers!) and did eveything they could to find the scumbags, hopefully they will catch them soon and I hope they get more than a slapped wrist for it - its not just my car and my life, but the poor person whos Ford Focus got nicked is waking up to a phone call saying "we've found your car but its totalled"! It was a nice Focus too! If there is such a thing!

Anyway, I may be back soon with my new Yaris, either which way everyone take care and look after yourselves and your cars! I'll take myself and my bad luck away!

Love to all

Em

xxx

Oh DA!

I'm so sorry and I'm glad that you're okay though...

That's much worse than mine was and that the little sods (being polite) scarpered is even worse.

I hope that everything goes okay with the insurance company and stuff.

I really don't know what else to say... :(

Take care,

Alan

:thumbsup:

jesus sorry to hear that, atleast your in one piece could have been a hell of a lot worse

maybe you should sell your next car at 9 months! lol

em so sorry to hear that poor karis too :crybaby:

why is it that the scum that do things like this always seem to get

away unhurt? sounds harsh i know but i better not say what i was gonna

say now i'm a mod.

:unsure: i'll write it in gold later!!

make sure you get yourself better Em and dont be a stranger

you know you are welcome here even without karis :yes:

and maybe you can get yourself that Tsport you've always wanted in

blue.

keep smiling like you said karis prob helped save you.

kim :wub:

Hi,

so sorry to hear about Karis, but at the same time relieved that you could walk away from the crash.

How low can someone sink to cause an accident and then run off leaving someone in an unknown state rather than to help?

I hope you'll be OK and that all the other things get sorted aswell.

It was a nice Focus too! If there is such a thing!

Sense of humour unharmed! :D

Cheers, Yves.

edit:spelling

Edited by yvvan

So Sorry to hear that DA.

Hope you recover from your whiplash and can replace your yaris soon.

Cars can be replaced, glad to hear you are ok.

Take care,

Rob

that sounds hideous em :(

100mph impact though... you're lucky to be alive nevermind walk away!

get well soon, cars can be replaced - you can't :group-cuddles:

Ay, people can't be replaced. Glad to hear your ok.

Im gonna get very vigilante now...

If that happened to me, and i found the little :ffs: :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs: :censor: I'd swipe their dirty :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs: head's off.

And what do they get if they get caught... Ban from driving, which they can't do anyway. £60 fine for no insurance ... big whoop. Maximum of 2 years in prison for dangerous driving and a max fine of £2500 (which is based on income, but they'll be on benefit, so £0 there.) I say put them in the stocks!

Horrible little :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs: :ffs: :censor: :censor: :ffs: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, but things like this get me sooooo annoyed its untrue.

aaww em glad your ok, and ill keep an ear out on news about this pm where the car was stolen from etc. as i have my ways,

just shows the yaris is a damn good car it saved your life and im glad to hear it,

ps as kimi says may just have to get a TS now!

Sorry to hear this! :(

Just aswell your okay though, could have been alot worse!

Get a TS! :D

Get well soon! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your crash, DA but pleased that you are going to be alright. You talked about taking yourself and your bad luck away. Seems to me that you were actually very lucky indeed.

Keep posting. You know you're welcome here.

Have a speedy recovery.

jesus, really sorry to hear about ur accident

makes mine seem like nothin. anyway im glad your ok and hope you get well soon

chris

:ffs: what scumbags there are on the road!!

You were in the wrong place at the wrong time and these idiots come along, cause this and run off cos all they are is cowards..

Thankgod you are okay though, that must be very scary to have a crash with them going at such a speed.

Take Care & I dont want you to leave!

Blue x

Sorry to hear about the crash Em. Glad you are not badly hurt and hope that you get a replacement Yaris sorted without too much hassle.

Try to keep your spirits up and stay in touch through the forum :thumbsup:

Wow.. I'm glad you OK DA. Thats really bad news. I think you win the award for most horrific Yaris accident.

My mate was hit by an uninsured driver, and if your insurance company has good legal cover then you should be able to claim a few thousand off of some government agency that hands out compensation for victims in uninsured car crash accidents. The claim should then be erased from your insurance record and your NCB goes back up. I thin kthat's how it works.

Oh and also, this may be the perfect time to get a T-Sport! :D

I had a horrible occurance today.

Driving to work, behind me I have some guy who is obviously ****** out of his head. He was mostly on the other side of the road, he was either 100m away, or 1m behind me. Scary stuff. I was loosing it. Pulled in let the guy go past, he pretty much hit the pavement on the otherside of the road and kept driving. That was 8am on a Sunday morning.

I hate those people, cause they wont get caught.

Wow.. I'm glad you OK DA. Thats really bad news. I think you win the award for most horrific Yaris accident.

My mate was hit by an uninsured driver, and if your insurance company has good legal cover then you should be able to claim a few thousand off of some government agency that hands out compensation for victims in uninsured car crash accidents. The claim should then be erased from your insurance record and your NCB goes back up. I thin kthat's how it works.

Oh and also, this may be the perfect time to get a T-Sport! :D

Indeed, you shouldn't lose out over this...there is a big "pot" that insurance companies can dip into that covers those who have lost out financially due to criminal activity ( we all top that pot up with our premium's).....I totally forget the technical term for it..but your insurance will be able to direct you in the right direction...you'll also get compensation for your injuries etc.

Glad to hear big time that you came out of this ok.

Vipes

Driving to work, behind me I have some guy who is obviously ****** out of his head. He was mostly on the other side of the road, he was either 100m away, or 1m behind me. Scary stuff. I was loosing it. Pulled in let the guy go past, he pretty much hit the pavement on the otherside of the road and kept driving. That was 8am on a Sunday morning.

Yeah, just been past my local cruise spot... all the coppers where there... :ffs:

Wonder how many Drunk Drivers have been caught tonight then..... :ffs: :ffs:

EM - Its a mirale you are ok......Get better soon and take those scum down!!

Yeah, just been past my local cruise spot... all the coppers where there... :ffs:

Wonder how many Drunk Drivers have been caught tonight then..... :ffs: :ffs:

EM - Its a mirale you are ok......Get better soon and take those scum down!!

What like with an Oozi 9MM? :D

Some slightly good news, the police have been on the phone, telling me they think they know who was in the other car, although they need the evidence to prove it. I didnt see them at all so I couldnt give a description but they have fingerprint evidence in the Focus which will help prove it hopefully

Apparently they are known criminals and they have been naughty boys recently so if they dont go down for this, they will end up in court regardless as not only did they steal a car, they also burgled a local house, dangerous driving, failing to stop at an accident, failing to swap details, driving without insurance - the stuff of their heads is endless - so hopefully they will get caught and get sent down (well we can only hope, if not for me then for poor Karis)

At least once this is over I can concentrate on buying a new car for Crimbo! What does everyone think of Ice Blue for a Yaris? :D

Em (in slightly happier spirits since speaking to PC Whatshisname on the phone!)

Hey DA :crybaby:

Thats just terrible, im so sorry 2 hear what happened, all i can say is at least u were not heart any more than u were, i hope that u feel better soon and sorry 2 hear about karis, truly a remarcable car :thumbsup:

best wishes

charlie

good news about the scum,if they get out get there address and we'll

send the TOC boys round ..

:boxing::boxing: :crutchy:

ice blues great i liked that but not an option in a Tsport :(

Ice Blue is good... Severn Green is nice too.

What insurance company are you with?

Glad things are starting to sound better... :)

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links