Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Beloved Karis....

Demonic Angel

Sorry to hear about your car, glad to hear you are alive and well.

Karis has done her job and done it superbly, she took the force and impact so you can walk away and talk about it.

You just have to take your hat off to Toyota. The actress from Eastenders (Kim Medcalf) had a head on with a lorry. She sustain a broken sternum wrist and other bits and pieces, I remember briefly seeing the pictures, couldn’t believe she lived, but I do remember she praised the Yaris, then she went out and bought another one!

_38125111_kim_medcalf_100.jpg

I hope you buy another Toyota, I’m positive that if you were in a lesser vehicle the ending would have been different.

Big hugs from me... :group-cuddles:

So very sorry to hear this Em, glad you are Ok, hope you get things sorted out soon. I hope they do catch those :censor: !

Ice blue is a lovely colour, altho when I got my Yaris one of the guys at the 1st dealership I went to said it was very rare to get an ice blue yaris anymore..it looked really nice on the t-spirit that was in the showroom at the time tho, it looks very fresh looking.

Are you gonna get another T-Spirit or a Blue?

!Removed! hell DA.. :!Removed!: .. nice to know your ok :yes:

It p :censor: s you off with regards to claiming insurance and losing no-claims.. but you got your life kind-of-thing, and you cant get a better deal than that!...

Ice blue is a lovely colour, altho when I got my Yaris one of the guys at the 1st dealership I went to said it was very rare to get an ice blue yaris anymore..it looked really nice on the t-spirit that was in the showroom at the time tho, it looks very fresh looking.

Are you gonna get another T-Spirit or a Blue?

Hopefully another T-Spirit, although I think some of the guys on here want to see me in a T-Sport! I will just have to see what I can afford and whats best for me!

I'm 99% going to go for another Yaris though, although I am also going to Seat to see the Ibiza and Honda to see the Jazz.... just for comparison really

If I get another T-Spirit I'm thinking of getting the sat nav aswell though as I was forever getting lost - I reckon it'd be handy! Its just £1,350 is a lot of cash for just that! I suppose I'll see what sort of deal I can get and if I can manage to get them to give me a good deal considering all I've been through - although we'll see about that I suppose!

Well the insurance company have given me a courtesy car - a Vauxhall Corsa! For petes sake! They had Avensis' in the lot but I wasnt allowed one! They could have at least given me a quarter of a decent car!

I suppose its not too bad, for a Vauxhall! And at least its a car and I shouldnt be complaining! They offered me a top of the range 1.8 Astra, leather interior, climate control, the works and I said no - bit too big for me! They only had a Corsa and an Astra in at the time! I'm beginning to think I should have chosen the newer and posher Astra (is there such a thing as a posh Astra?) apparently it was only a month old, where as the Corsa is 11 months old!

I'll let you all know how I go at Toyota tomorrow night, I hope they'll offer me a good deal on a new T-Spirit, or maybe even a Balearic Blue T-Sport if they can find me one (thats the next option!)

How cool would that be finding a Balearic Blue T-Sport! I'd be well happy with that - as long as the insurance wasnt too high on it! :D

**UPDATE!**

I have found a 2004/53 plate T-Sport in Balearic Blue on the Autotrader website! For just under 10k which isnt bad either!

Bad news, I've done an insurance quote and its put my insurance up over 500 quid to make it well over £1,100! I couldnt afford the insurance on it - I could try and get it a bit cheaper but I cant believe its gone up so much! Put my 2 years no claims back on and it goes down by £500!

Looks like its a T-Spirit again then! What a shame..... :crybaby:

post-8115-1101764355_thumb.jpg

So sorry to here of your accident, there really are some low life in this world! Pleased you are OK and hope you get fixed up with a new Yaris soon.

Kevin

Wish I had the satnav, but its v. expensive... Maybe you could go for and aftermarket one though...

Nothing wrong with a T-Spirit - its better than I have! (Not that I'm complaining of course!)

A

That T Sport looks nice! Insurance is a nightmare though. Hope you get something you are happy with soon.

Come to think of it, whatever you get will feel great after the corsa!

That T-Sport looks great :D :thumbsup:

If you do decide to go with a TS do a search on the toyota web site under used cars they have a

2004 (04reg) T-Sport 12miles baleric blue £10495

Theyv'e got 100+ blue yaris's granted not all baleric blue but im sure you'll find one thts right

"That T Sport looks nice! Insurance is a nightmare though. Hope you get something you are happy with soon."

Insurance a nightmare? Well I guess I am used to premiums of £500-£1500 cause Im 18. I can get T-Sport Yaris insured for £900 or so. Which the way I see isn't bad considering Im paying £700 for a 1.0L Polo.

Also I can get a T-Sport for £6k or so. Which I nearly have now.

OMG...

Just know this, money is nothing compared to our health.

The most important thing that you got out of it with nothing but i big headache from the money issue.

It could be a lot worse..

dont worry, youll get a new yaris, like lisa got snowball2 (in the simpsons)...

oh.. if i had the money to spare, i would have bought you a new one right now :)

dont worry be happy!

Some slightly better news....

Apparently there is a bit in my insurance which states that if your car is under 1 year old and has been written off (which it had - had official confirmation yesterday) then us (Tesco Insurance) may offer you a new car of the same make model and spec if immediately available in the UK.

I'm waiting for their claims dept to call and let me know if I'm eligible to recieve another car.

But if I am that saves a lot of bother of rearranging finances etc to buy a new one!

Added plus - the Tesco guy who assessed Karis and told me she is a write off said that in his opinion I am eligible (due to certain factors inc mileage of car etc) and the best bit is I can also choose the colour of my new one aswell! :D

Have got to go to the garage in Leicester where Karis is being held to pick up the stuff in her and I'll take some photos to post (sorta like before and after pics!) so you can see how bad she is.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be introducing my brand new Yaris! :D

Glad things are looking up for you DA

These little yaris stand up well in a accident, i mean i was told when i rolled mine that the car played a big part in me being dead or alive.

I just hope them lads get sent down and if any of them have driving licences they loose them for life, and if they havent got a licence then they will neva get the chance to be able to have the chance to get one either!

Tom!!!

"That T Sport looks nice! Insurance is a nightmare though. Hope you get something you are happy with soon."

Insurance a nightmare? Well I guess I am used to premiums of £500-£1500 cause Im 18. I can get T-Sport Yaris insured for £900 or so. Which the way I see isn't bad considering Im paying £700 for a 1.0L Polo.

Also I can get a T-Sport for £6k or so. Which I nearly have now.

Crisis what insurance compnay you with???

Im 18 and if i want my t-sport in my name, its like 2 grand!!

Tom!

Glad you can now see a light at the end of the tunnel, DA. I hope to see pics of your shiny new car soon!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links