Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica 92 Gt-r 4ws

Farquaad

I have a 1992 Japan version of Toyota Celica GT-R with 4WS.

The 4WS has two buttons, one turns off when in reverse, the other says 'sport'.

Anyone know what 'Sport' means?

Is possible switch off somehow 4WS?

It also has a 'MANU' button on the auto gearbox, I can't figure out what this does either.

And what for is a button PWR ?

Las thing the japanese written red button close to the shift gear. Any ideas what for is that ?

Thanks heaps for all your informations

Jiri

confused owner.

the PWR button is a sport mode , it makes the engine rev a bit higher before the change up happens so that you get more performance. The MAN button means that you have to change gear yourself. The red one is some sort of lock . It allows you to move the gear lever without having to have your foot on the brake

the sport button i think alters the speed at which either the gearbox or the 4ws operates but not sure on this one though , i would think the pwr and sport buttons would do kinda the same thing. :unsure:

check the st185 files here , maybe a user handbook is there. http://www.andrewmcc.com/bgb/

the PWR button is a sport mode ,  it makes the engine rev a bit higher before the change up happens so that you get more performance. The MAN button means that you have to change gear  yourself. The red one is some sort of lock . It allows you to move the gear lever without having to have your foot on the brake

the sport button i think alters the speed at which either the gearbox or the 4ws operates but not sure on this one though , i would think the pwr and sport buttons would do kinda the same thing.  :unsure:

check the st185 files here , maybe a user handbook is there.    http://www.andrewmcc.com/bgb/

Thanks for you reply but what does ot mean that I can change the gear manualy on automatic transmission ? You mean to change gear to 2 or 1 ? I can do that even if the manu button is not pushed.

ask pedro or asha , they are members in here and both have the 4ws , i think asha will be the best, hers is an auto. but pedro may tell you also. :thumbsup:

Hello mate and welcome to TOC.

You can change gear manualy on the automatic but the manu button should be pushed on.

Ash.

With manu pressed 1,2 and 3 can be locked by yourself (I'm comparing this to the box on my soop). Without manu, this can be ovverriden?? by the engine if it feels it needs to.

The red button allows you to start the car out of park!!

i posted a reply bout this before,

the rev 2 wheel steering buttoin, turns off the 4wheel steering only when in reverse gear,. mainly used just for parking,

the sport button give the 4wheel steering ( Power steering ) a more solid feel to it, apparently more sporty,

you can feel the difference in the steering when you try them both,

what to do, is

put car in reverse, engine on, turn the wheels to full lock and then press the rev 4ws button and youll hear the back wheels straighten themselfs.

hope this helps

does it have active suspension?

I think it have active suspension. Otherwise why should be there the Sport button.

I thought that it my be make the suspension harder so more sporty feeling ? Am I right ?

if you got active sus,

youll see 3 lights in the middle of the rev counter,

an L M and H,

this shows what mode the sus is in, the sport button is unconnected to the suspension, only affectes the steering feel!.

you shoulkd also have a button in front of the ashtray to manually change the sus setting?

the 2 switches unpressed is economy mode = manu and pwr in the up position.

manu up pwr down = powerful driving on steep slopes.

manu down pwr up = driving in snow , place stick in 2 press manu down and gearbox is locked in second gear.

taken from the toyota celica handbook.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links