Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Vitz And Aygo Pictures

Toyota PR

Far be it from me to promote one car magazine over another, but you may be interested to learn that Auto Express has pictures of the new Toyota Aygo (pronounced eye-go) and Vitz.

The Aygo pics are official and show the Peugeot and Citroen models to be built at the same plant in the Czech Republic.

Bzeropics.jpg

You can also try here

The mag also has scoop shots of the new Vitz, due for launch in Japan early in the New Year. The new Yaris will not come to Europe until autumn.

No, they will have 1007 with sliding side doors (just like Toyota Porte in Japan) and 107.

It might grow on me & I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it in the flesh....

I've still signed up for the updates though!

A

whats going on with the french connection?

Nissan did it and lost sales hope Toyota dont go the same way.

we buy jap cars for the jap style not french ;)

need to see it in real life to see if its as ugly as it looks :lol:

The Aygo isn't the new Yaris, by the way. Just incase anyone was actually thinking that. :thumbsup:

Pics of the new Yaris are in the newest Auto Express, but for some reason it's not oin their website! :rolleyes:

The front of the Aygo looks like the Honda Jazz .. and i'm not liking the similarities between the 3 ... i think Toyota should go solo and ditch the french.

Thats me talking .. with a Jap built Yaris! :lol::thumbsup:

I dont see the point of making a car the same as another manufacturers car. Those in the market are simply going to go for the cheapest and that will mean french no doubt.

I dont see the point of making a car the same as another manufacturers car. Those in the market are simply going to go for the cheapest and that will mean french no doubt.

The reason is the three companies are in a joint design/develop/production project. These cars share common components between them & can be rolled off a single production line. This way they all can keep the cost down (thereby selling a car that costs less for the buyer). These cars will be built in Toyota Peugeot Citroën Automobile (TPCA) plant in Kolín, Czech Republic.

In fact Toyota has been doing this for some time with using common components (like the viper/headlamp control sticks/ AC units) across multiple models.

As for who gets the most orders... I guess brand loyalty will decide that :thumbsup:

I also noticed the C1 Mirca similarity (personally I hate the mirca).

"Beauty is only skin deep… but ugliness goes to the bone”

Personally I dont see why toyota need to make a smaller car than the Yaris

Well , Ok , I know they have made the Yaris a bit bigger now but it was always supposed to be more of a super mini than a small hatchback

I wonder if the turbo version of the new yaris will be a limited version like the current one ? CAnt get the current one in here in Spain where I live also wouldnt be able to get the insurance because of the power. ( they are very tight here )

Seems that they're going the same way as Volkswagen did. Make the Golf much bigger, increase the size of the Polo and then you can fit the ickle Lupo into the range.

• 1 month later...
MY DAD MIGHT BE TRADING THE YARIS IN FOR AN AYGO!!!!

no way :(

Steady on Breezer, old chap. Be brave son. :D

I think the Puggy and the Aygo both have some potential.. as for that other thing... nah! will give it a miss.

Again will reserve judgement until i see them in the flesh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links