Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scratch...

andru123

Hi,

Please advise:

I have scratches onthe paint of the mirror. Someone was reversing on the parking lot (i guess) and when I came back the mirror was twisted outside (not folded inside). Well anyway there are 2 (little)scratches - the paint is actually removed.

1. Do i have to do anything at all- or I just can leave it like that? It will not rust or something? Or I must repair it?

2. the mirror casing - is it plastic or metal?

I believe the mirrors are plastic (mine are) so there will be no further consequences by leaving it as it is..

You could try removing it/rubbing it down and re-spray/laquer if you can be bothered/confident..

If they're little, I personaly wouldnt bother :unsure:

If they are small and not noticeable I'd just leave them and if/when you get some cash you could maybe get them re-sprayed. They are plastic so no issues with rust! :thumbsup:

Noooo. I had the same problem but worse. I came back to find 3 large scratches and the rest scuffed on the edge of the mirror. I just dabbed a load of touch up paint on it. Looks rubbish, but its not noticable - infact no-one has ever mentioned it.

Yes, but its likely to be less than the excess, so you'll end up paying anyway. Just go to Mr.T and see how much one is - you may only need a cover.

yep just go to your toyota dealer or a body shop and ask them if they can mix you uo some touch up the paint code is on a little silver plate under your bonnet

it should say colour/trim code: then wot ever the code is

If its minor ( and it sounds like it is) get some paint mixed up a mega fine brush and take a deep breath ..

... if like me you have the artistic talent of a hegdehog go to chipsaway and get them on the case. They can give you a quote first to avoid fainting...

Clarky

Ok.. I had some dreadful scratches on my Yaris from a very early driving experience... and ChipsAway got rid of them.. the poor guy spent ages getting the colour match perfect... but you cant tell anything was there now! I really do highly recommend them if you can get them ... Do you have something similar there??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links