Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Getting A Yaris (a Few Questions)

armoredfist2002

I am looking into getting a yaris in the new year, but I have a few questions first.

I think i'll end up getting a 1.3 as the 1.5 is a bit high on insurance.

1. what is the offset and PCD of the wheels and are they 4 or 5 stud?

2. If I was to lower my car would springs be fine or would I need dampers as well?

3. What is the biggest size alloys I can get on a yaris after lowering it 30mm, would 17's fit without much trouble or would I be better with 16's.

4. Where would I be able to get a fujitsubo back box from?

5. What BHP does the 1.3 yaris produce?

I'm not sure on all your questions, but i can help on a couple...

Better with 16's, 17's might need arches rolling.

Fujitsubo come's from envy performance!

1.3 is 83bhp i believe. Not totallysure though... feels like it has more though! It's good for a 0-60mph of 11.7sec. Timed by yours truly!

I am looking into getting a yaris in the new year, but I have a few questions first.

2. If I was to lower my car would springs be fine or would I need dampers as well?

3. What is the biggest size alloys I can get on a yaris after lowering it 30mm, would 17's fit without much trouble or would I be better with 16's.

1. 100 X 4 38ET (4 stud :P)

2. Springs would be fine :) ;) But youll probably end up getting some as the yaris handling is errr,,, crap compared to some cars :ph34r:

3. 16" would go on without problems after lowering 30mm, 17" would need archs rolling....

4. Envy Performance (Link at top ;))

5. Phase 1 produces (according to manufactorer) 83bhp, Phase two is 86bhp

Cheers :thumbsup:

Matt

thanx for your quick replies, I drive a punto sporting at the moment and are having a few problems so i'm looking for something more reliable

One other thing I would like to know is, my mum has got a corolla and the accelerator pedal is very light, you can't feel it under your foot so you don't know how hard you are pushing down on it, is it the same with the yaris and can anything be done about it

1) 4x100PCD with 38mm Offset

2) I've used only Eibach springs and there's been no problems. However this is on a T-Sport which has sportier suspension and is 20mm lower than the 1.0 or 1.3.

3) -30mm lowering on a T-Sport and 16inches and 195's don't rub. So deffiently wouldn't on a 1.3. The interesting fact is that its more to do with the wheel/tyre width than the size. There is a small cavern under each arch - its just that its a narrow one. I have heard that with a different offset you can fit 17's with 205's under the arch no problems. AND if you can find 195's for a 17inch rim it shouldn't rub.

4) You can get this beautiful exhaust from envyperformance.co.uk, but it doesn't come cheap. However, it is the daddy of exhausts.

5) Not sure of the 1.3 bhp figure. But I would try a number of different insurance companies. At elephant for example, it wasn't much difference between the 1.3 and the 1.5. At 19, second car, and no NCB, I got quoted £1100 for the 10mnth accelerated plan.

One other thing I would like to know is, my mum has got a corolla and the accelerator pedal is very light, you can't feel it under your foot so you don't know how hard you are pushing down on it, is it the same with the yaris and can anything be done about it

Can't say much for the corolla cus I have never owned one. However the Yaris has quite a light throttle - but as do most new cars. I don't see it as a problem though because isn't your foot meant to be planted to the floor at all times anyway? ;)

It's quite light i suppose, but it's very sensitive, so slight inputs and it works... very well!

The accelerator is very light but you do get use to it very quickly.

When I first drove a Yaris (1.3) compared to a 1.3 Ford, the Toyota went like s**t off a shiny shovel.

I'm pretty sure the phase 1 1.3 engine has 86bhp aswell .... well thats what it said in the brochure when i bought mine! :D

Best thing to do is to go for a test drive .. you wont be disappointed mate!

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links