Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who's Got Window Tints On The Yaris?

dannyb999

Hey, gettin windows tinted in next 2 weeks, but no sure what to go for!

anyone got pics of their window tints and details of what % tint they are??

I was thinking either 35% all round or maybe 35% on sides and limo black on back window where wiper is? but mite look naff..

or maybe 35% on front 2 windows, 50% on rear 2 windows and limo black on back window? or something of the kind?

suggestions please! dont really want any darker than 35% tint on front 2 side windows tho!

thanks danny!

Hey danny, im in the same boat as u, im gettin mine done this thursday, currently going for a light smoke but not to sure if dark enough or if just right..

but best option in my opinion is to have them all save % :thumbsup:

or maybe 35% on front 2 windows, 50% on rear 2 windows and limo black on back window? or something of the kind?

suggestions please! dont really want any darker than 35% tint on front 2 side windows tho!

thanks danny!

If you did that it would be a "Yaris Breadvan" ;) :(

danny ill get some pics up later in the light to show you my tints when the cars clean (washed it lastnite and its filthy already)

I got mine tinted.. its a light smoke all round (not windscreen obviously).

it looks darker as you get further to the back of the car, also looks darker cos its a black car.

Also... i was advised not to go any darker cos the cops will pull me over and tell me to get it off they may also have put a prohibition order on it.. to stop me driving it away from the scene without it being removed 1st.

The cops were pulling over the younger drivers who were hanging around in carparks etc in my area removing the tints.

Pics can be found in this thread....... http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...pic=22309&st=40

Iyou want more pics let me know.

Cost me £125

My advice would be to keep it legal.. or risk being told to remove it and loose your dosh :(

cheers cfc, loverly lookin motor u got their, very nice indeed :thumbsup: ive been quoted £165 for mine, and gettin it done on thurs so pics 2 follow shortly!!

Mine aren't legal and although Nizan got pulled, i haven't..........so far! :wacko::unsure:

hey drb5

im sure i have asked u this before, however i cant remember so i apologise, have u got a light smoke on ur front windows (driver and passanger) they look lighter than the rear 3??

Its illegal to have ur front windows or windscreen tinted at all now. so you will probably have to sign all these forms if the garage are even willing to do it.

you can tint the rear windows as much as you want!

Light smoke on the sides and dark smoke on the rear screen! And then the windows in the back will look a bit darker cos there is less light gettin through the back window!

I'll post up a pic of my bro's car 2nite, he's got wot I'm talkin about and it looks good and has not been pulled yet! :thumbsup:

Its illegal to have ur front windows or windscreen tinted at all now. so you will probably have to sign all these forms if the garage are even willing to do it.

If you don't drive like a t**t the police won't even bat an eyelid if they are pretty light! :thumbsup:

so ive heared, theres a lot of confusion surroundin what is legal and what isnt, however i told garage i wanted light smoke on all 5 and they were fine with it, didnt say anythin about legal issues and i know other ppl who have had the same thing done at this place

Thats cool then. Depends where you go. I would ask them about the law at the moment. As Ryan said - if they are light and you drive normally its unlikely you'll be pulled.

haha yea lets hope so, or mayb ive just given them another reason to pull me over now, we shall see, fingers crossed they wont care, majority of times i see police is when im passin them on the road... if they are that bothered thed have 2 turn around pretty quick in order to catch up with me..

i`ve got mine tinted, i have 35% all round, it dark, but not to dark and you can still see out the windows at night. i have a 50% tint on the corolla and its a pain at night trying to see out

Couldn't tell you the percentahes, but yes, the fronts are lighter than the rears. Envy fitted them supposedly and they said it was illegal, but from the way i hear it, if the police aren't too bothered, you MIGHT get away with the lightest tints on the fronts, but your just plain unlucky, if they don't pull you over for having darker ones.

B)

UK Law: 100% Truth.

Windscreen and any windows front of the B-Pillar (ie. front 2 windows) are not aloud to be tinted. The law changed to this January this year.

The rear windows, back, and 2 sides can be anything you want.

Light Smoke [35% Light comes through]

Dark Smoke [20% Light comes through]

Limo Black [5% of Light comes through]

I think Dark Smoke would be best. Limo would look like a van, and light smoke I dont think is enough. Jaxx has 35% and he regrets going for it, and should have gone darker.

so is 35% considered light smoke, if i state i want light smoke it will be 35% tint im gettin, jaxx looked darker than that tho ino always thought they were darker spesh compared with other cars with light smoke!!

i have limo black and back end of car! and nothing on front ones! some people say it looks naff, but i think it looks good, nice and legal!

wish we had no rules (well within reason) about tints! i think a nice medium tint all over is perfect and perfectly acceptable for road use, especially in summer! they dont tell u that u cant wear tinted sunglasses whilst driving!

wish we had no rules (well within reason) about tints! i think a nice medium tint all over is perfect and perfectly acceptable for road use, especially in summer! they dont tell u that u cant wear tinted sunglasses whilst driving!

Fair point, but its more to do with other road users being able to see the drive, its not so bad looking out from a tint than it is compared with looking in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links