Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Kit

ss1

Hi all im looking at getting an induction kit for my celica ss2. Any ideas for the best places to go? Dont want my pants pulled down over the price either. :ph34r:

decat is a straight pipe that replaces the very restrictive cat converter , releases loads of low end tourge when fitted :D , the k&n is supplied with a coldair feed m8 .

Kev

Kit gets here tomorrow will fit it on sunday ive heard it has a good roar to it, just put on some 17" wolfrace. she is comming along nice will let you know how the kit performs.

Kool m8 , one word of advice just stick the K&N on the throttle body rubber hose dont use the one supplied with the filter as it makes the car far to loud , thats what i found anyway , the reason its louder with the k&n one is that it doest have the resonator that the toyota one has .

Kev

Does anyone have the K&N panel filter, i want more grunt without the induction kit, will the panel filter give me more. Plus how about the DIY bodge job of drilling a few holes in the airbox is this ok, or a big no no on these, i did it on my R5 1.7 carb and the sound was ace :)

Ive heard a panel filter is the way to go. If you dont want to fork out the doe for an induction kit. As for drilling holes in your box, dont be so tight ....buy a filter

Not sure about the k&b panel filter m8 but i had a ramair one in before the induction kit and it made sod all difference, what gen do u have??? gen 5's respond better to a panel filter with holes drilled in the box than an induction kit , plenty of guys over at http://www.celica-club.co.uk have done it .

With a gen 6 its better with an induction kit due to there being more room under the bonnet for some nice cold air :D

Its a Gen 6 GT, i was gonna buy the Panel Filter and drill holes :), not bothered about power as long as i dont lose any, just want a nice roar.

Does anyone have the K&N panel filter, i want more grunt without the induction kit, will the panel filter give me more.  Plus how about the DIY bodge job of drilling a few holes in the airbox is this ok, or a big no no on these, i did it on my R5 1.7 carb and the sound was ace :)

If you want more grunt.... Buy a GT4 :yes:

If you want more noise (and I can't imagine why), then just go ahead and cut holes in the air box. You will get more induction noise, but you will lose any ram effect the gen 6 has, and you will be sucking in preheated air from the engine bay. The hot air will lose you power though, but hey, you'll have more noise.

The K+N induction kit does pretty much the above, except I think you get a bit of ducting to try and take cold air to the filter. But it still loses any ram effect.

I doubt that just changing the panel filter for a different one will make a noticable difference to noise volume.

im relocating my Battery to my boot, an dlosing a hige beam head light so i can get a decent cold air feed to and induction kit i currently have a blitz panel filter in place no noise and a slight difference but it is a quality piece of work and a good filter

one word and its the cheapest forced cold air around - NITROUS.