Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Breathing

kitten

Hi guys i've recently purchased a 185 celica and i am now thinking of fitting a replacement air filter. I fitted one to my friends 180sx and it gives an amazing roar. Will i get a similar sound from my NA 3sge engine?

There are two options i've seen that are pretty cheap but dont know which to go for.

1. A Full kit with Filter, polished intake/Ram pipe and hose. or

2. a larger Metal filtered induction kit but comes with no hoses pipes etc as it fits on the end of the plastic hosing.

I'm tempted to go for the one with the Metal intake pipe as this should keep intake temp down. Any one have any recomendations??

Also do you think the standard exhaust would be too restrictive thus making this purchase pointless?

Hi guys i've recently purchased a 185 celica and i am now thinking of fitting a replacement air filter.  I fitted one to my friends 180sx and it gives an amazing roar. Will i get a similar sound from my NA 3sge engine?

There are two options i've seen that are pretty cheap but dont know which to go for.

1. A Full kit with Filter, polished intake/Ram pipe and hose.  or

2. a larger Metal filtered induction kit but comes with no hoses pipes etc as it fits on the end of the plastic hosing.

I'm tempted to go for the one with the Metal intake pipe as this should keep intake temp down.  Any one have any recomendations??

Also do you think the standard exhaust would be too restrictive thus making this purchase pointless?

Ideally you need Induction kit AND exhaust to compliment each other. A lot of people seem to rate the K&N 571 kit for NA cars. :thumbsup:

Incidentally. A 185 is the GT4....... If yours has the 3S-GE engine its a 182 unless you`ve got rear steer in which case it`ll be a 183. :thumbsup:

Cool, cheers for the info. I now own a 182!

:D

Would changing purely the back box be ok for now D'ya think? Its got a fairly new exhaust on it and would be a waste to chuck it.

hey kitten, where abouts in newcastle are you? as i'm also in your neck of the woods. I have 3 celica's as you can see from my sig. how much do you want to spend? i have a contact who makes custom pipework and filter mods. Have you still got a cat fitted?

fell free to pop over if you want to see my set up on my GT. all custom done with a custom exhaust and down pipe. you WILL notice huge low end power gains and response. I went 3" with nitrous.

Basically the car is 100% Original , nothing changed what so ever. Its still riding its rather ugly, bubbley 15" alloys as well.

I would have loved to have gotten hold of a GT4 but at the time i was living in kent and couldn't find a decent one at the right price.

I'm on a tight budget having just moved up here, so a full system is out of the question, as is a georgeous Blitz Induction kit.

Budget is the way ahead. :rolleyes:

in which case i have a spare one i removed after seeing only 3 weeks service in favour of a shiny chrome one. its identical to a KN and is still wet with the original oil.

but, you will still need the adapter plate, so why not try this link below. the $ against the £ is just so appealing right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WD2V

thats for a gen 5 celica, you have the gen 6.

i edited my post when you posted, i found the gen 6 one for you with the adaptor plate which you need when incorporating the meter.

kacka, just got my threads mixed up, yours is a gen 5. sorry.

thats my second dumbass of the day on TOC. :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links