Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turn Red Diesel Into Blue!

Twincam.GTi

Oh my :eek: look at this, I'm supprised eBay have let it slip through!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...4508569951&rd=1

:o :o :o :o

I was informed about it by another car club forum (apparantly they are all on about it)

Don't have anything that is diesel myself but if I did I don't think i'd chance it. :rolleyes:

whys it WRONG? hes only sellin the dye! itll still come up in customs tests so its still for off road use

LOL no.

Farmyard vehicles and other specific machinary are allowed to use a different colour diesel which has less duty and other taxes on it.

If the police found this diesel in your diesel road car then you can be prosecuted, but if it has been dyed then they wont know.

Porolonged use of agriculturaql diseaseal in a road car knackers the engine!!!!

who the %$( wants a diesel anyway? ;)

Porolonged use of agriculturaql diseaseal in a  road car knackers the engine!!!!

who the %$( wants a diesel anyway?  ;)

It shouldn't make any difference - It's exactly the same stuff with a different dye in it. Some people have road cars on farms (which never leave the farm) so they use red in them.

The description says you can mark your own deisel to prevent theft - so I'm guessing it will still look nothing like regular blue deisel.

Did anyone see on the news a few months a go about a petrol station selling red deisel which they had dyed to make it look normal - They used some kind of acid to remove the red dye - Once you put the stuff in your car - you would get 6 months max before a complete rebuild was needed!!

There is something about havigna different grade.. I saw it on TV, TV is magical therefore always correct. :D

My brother works for major petrolchemical company. He says the only difference between red diesel and normal road legal is the dye! Also the tax but thats obvious!

he says they only keep stock of 1 diesel and add the dye when needed........so there you go!

Apparantley the Red used to have a higher sulphur level until 1997 when some tests were introduced to make sure farm vehicles weren't kicking out tons of emissions

Did you see it on TV before 97?? ;)

Probably pre '97 :D, of it its was on BBC, old footage from pre '97, in 2004 :lol:

Well I don't think I'll try red or blue diesel in my car! :lol:

Don't think it would go very far at all!

I used to have a 306Dturbo (bag of crap!) and it never touched red diesel - but you could really tell the difference between different makes of diesel - Shell Ultra was best and JET was worst - We had a Jet garage just down the road which I had to use if I was desperate and once I had put that in it would struggle to start and didn't return a very high mpg - so I'm sure there are different grades of diesel even in the proper stuff

Anorak fact:

You are actually allowed to use red diesel in your car BUT you must declare how much you use, be able to prove how much you've used and prove that you've paid the required amount of duty for the diesel you've used.

The chances of you being able to do this sufficiently comprehensively to satisfy Customs and Excise is negligable so good luck!

A

PS I deny any responsibility if you try this, get caught and use this as evidence that its possible :)

Probably pre '97  :D, of it its was on BBC, old footage from pre '97, in 2004  :lol:

Surely not !

The BBC showing nothing but repeats all the time?

I wonder if there's a case for non payment of the TV licence on the grounds that it was already paid for the year that they broadcast the shows the first time round??

!Removed! protection racket ! that's all it is

[/Rant]

Rich

all dyed diesel can be picked up by customs, white diesel was kickin round a while back but i declined on it, just as well cos it still showed up on tests.

had red diesel in komatsu where i used to work and half the car park had it in their tanks, customs actually camped outside the car park for a week checkin cars, a lot of people spent a fortune on taxis that week

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links