Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Question

pizza boy

well..3 really...ok will it pass if it has a crack in the windscreen? Also if the handbrake is loose or the brakefluid is low?

tell me tell me! :rolleyes:

only if it obscures your vision or is longer than (i think) 2cm, yes tighten it, no but why not just fill it up again??

ok will it pass if it has a crack in the windscreen? Also if the handbrake is loose or the brakefluid is low?

only if it obscures your vision or is longer than (i think) 2cm, yes tighten it, no but why not just fill it up again??

Close, 4cm! :thumbsup:

When you say the handbrake is loose, do you mean too many clicks and need adjusting, or is actually loose on its mounting points?? Either way wouldnt you rather that done for peace of mind! And the same goes for the b/fluid! Top it up! But dont forget that thye fliud level will be low for a reason! Cheack your pad and disc wear!

Never take a car to an MOT station to fail! Check it over b4 you go!

Surely taking it in to fail is a better option.

If you check and double check everything on the car and it still fails, you've wasted all of the time you spent. The alternative is to just put it in for an MOT and someone else does all the checking. If and when it fails, you get a nice sheet telling you exactly what's wrong. Then just work through it. AND as lots of MOT stations do free retests within a fortnight, it ultimately costs you nothing to identify all the problems

Rich

Why not take it to a garage for a pre-MOT inspection - the garage should have a quick check of the things you need for the MOT and put right anything that's wrong. Your car should cruise the MOT...

cheers,

Alan

NEVER use pre-mot from a garage, they often take it as a sign that you dont know squat about your car and i say this from experience and from advice, took my primera to a pre mot, they said it needed all sorts to be done, new handbrake cables, brake pipes, new cat and back box, i took it to another garage to double check what it would fail on, it failed on a brake pipe and thats it, when i went back to garage to kick up a fuss,:ffs: the only answer i got back was that a pre mot is not an actual mot and is only what a mechanic would assume it would fail on, some mechanic! :saddam:

Just get the faults fixed and stop being a lazy b...

Also does your insurance cover you for free windscreen replacement?

Just a thought because it wouldn't effect your ncb if you claimed for one.

On another note, If your still interested in selling your skirts,

can you pm me a price mate. Instalments would be good :D

Just get the faults fixed and stop being a lazy b...

Also does your insurance cover you for free windscreen replacement?

Agreed :)

Except even if you are fully comp and your insurance will cover windscreens, you will still have to pay the £50.00 excess. Which is still a lot better than £350 :thumbsup:

Worthwile doing cause if the crack gets worse while you're driving on a motorway... ;)

might even be able to get it fixed with that injection moulding thing they do, no excess on this fix either

NEVER use pre-mot from a garage, they often take it as a sign that you dont know squat about your car and i say this from experience and from advice, took my primera to a pre mot, they said it needed all sorts to be done, new handbrake cables, brake pipes, new cat and back box, i took it to another garage to double check what it would fail on, it failed on a brake pipe and thats it, when i went back to garage to kick up a fuss,:ffs: the only answer i got back was that a pre mot is not an actual mot and is only what a mechanic would assume it would fail on, some mechanic! :saddam:

:huh:

Depends on the garage I suppose... Take it to one you trust and if you don't trust any of them then I suppose you're stuffed! ;)

A