Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2000 Rav4 Performance Problems

1ravrunner

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping it will help. I have a 2000 Rav4 with about 30,000 miles and I love it, but it runs poorly. It never was very quick, but now it's worse. The acceleration is terrible, it even seems to knock. My gas mileage is about 20 mpg on the highway, this seems low. Could there be something wrong that I could check?

Also, after this problem is fixed, is there anything that can be done to improve the performance?

Thanks!

Jim

Hi,

I take it when you say 2000 model , you mean 2000-on ( latest shape ).

When i asked my local Toyota dealer what problem the late rav 4 have and they said , lambda / oxygen sensor problems, not sure if the same problems have crossed the "Pond " to you guys ,could be worth getting them checked out,

good luck :) .

Thanks for your response!

It's a 2000 Rav4, the last of the early design. If the problem is the o2 sensor, wouldn't a engine warning light come on?

Jim

Thanks for your response!

It's a 2000 Rav4, the last of the early design. If the problem is the o2 sensor, wouldn't a engine warning light come on?

Jim

Hmmm... yes your right, but its the only problem i've heard of so far ;) .