Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freeview Digiboxes

Leeky

My crappy Lodus budget boxes at home keep crashing and resetting when the signal is bad etc

Anyone recommend a good make that is stable and doesnt crash?

:(

If only I did, I could then get a high quality and classy job at currys :crybaby:

Does anyone actually get the same problems i do? with their boxes crashing?

mines ok

only a cheap sagem 40quid thing from ASDA never had any problems

ive just got an extra 30 channels of tripe as opposed to 5 :lol:

If only I did, I could then get a high quality and classy job at currys  :crybaby:

luckly i have a classy job at currys :P. We have a philips digi box at the moment which is half price £49.99. hope this helps

chris

panasonic TU-something

pricey mind, think mine was about £60, should have been £100 though

That's what I've got.. TU-C120 and it works a treat, although I agree with Rob about he extra channels of tripe :lol:

Alan

If only I did, I could then get a high quality and classy job at currys  :crybaby:

luckly i have a classy job at currys :P. We have a philips digi box at the moment which is half price £49.99. hope this helps

chris

ooops :bye:

chris

Bargain, sounds good. What are they like for reliability? Ever have them hang/crash in the store?

:thumbsup:

goodmans gdb2 no problems as yet a year later

although I agree with Rob about he extra channels of tripe :lol:

At least they are free and we don’t have to pay Sky £30+ a month for the privilege.

I think ITV2 and BBC3 are really good especially Little Britain on 3 (as was), the news channels are useful, Sky Sports News on a Saturday is good for the footie and the Hits channel for the videos when there’s nothing else on.

I get to see Spooks before it’s on BBC1 as well :thumbsup:

Also it’s a much better picture through the digi box than it was before I had it.

Oh, almost forgot Baywatch Hawaii :wacko: obviously for the plot and not the scenery or slow motion running! :eek:

At least they are free and we don’t have to pay Sky £30+ a month for the privilege.

I've just got Sky FreeSat which means I don't have to pay sky subscriptions but I only get the 50 odd channels of free tripe :lol:

Why not get a DVB card for your pc and turn it into a media centre (+mp3s, piccies, mame etc.).

I used a mini-itx board with 600MHz fanless cpu and onboard mpeg2 decoder. Great picture and movies take up about 2-3GB hard drive space.

Cheers

Paul.

I got the Sony freeview box which is good enough. but my choice was based on looks aswell cos it stands vertical like my PS2 and takes up less space. They both give off so much heat when they are laid flat.

However if I was gonna get another I'd check if it's got the slot for the top-up card.