Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Full Major Service At Mr T

Richard K

Hi All,

Does anyone else think this seems a bit much?

I'm just curious to see if others have paid this much for a full service and timing belt change.

Admittedly it might be less having it all done at once but I've been told it will still be £400 approx.

cheers in advance.

"Silly mug who don't know S**t"

aka Rich K

What do they call a "full service"???

I guess its about right for dealer prices..... not that I'd ever trust them with my car!

Thanks for the prompt reply.

You know when you lack knowledge in a certain area you feel like they are taking the P.

1 more question.

My car is 7years old and has 129,000 on the clock would you still service it at Toyota to keep the service history if you have no intention of selling it?

(i.e. Run it into the ground)

Definitely NOT!!

From my experiance the "mechanics" at toyota dealers should be called fitters ona good day, and useless :censor: ing :censor: tard spanner monkeys on all other days.......

if you can't do it yourself and don't want to learn, find a reputable local garage, -these guys rely on good work and reputation to keep them in business!!!

I persoanlly won't let any of them near my cars unless its something I can't do at home, i.e. tracking, diagnostics test, etc....

Definitely NOT!!

From my experiance the "mechanics" at toyota dealers should be called fitters ona  good day, and useless  :censor: ing  :censor: tard spanner monkeys on all other days.......

if you can't do it yourself and don't want to learn, find a  reputable local garage, -these guys rely on good work and reputation to keep them in business!!!

I persoanlly won't let any of them near my cars unless its something I can't do at home, i.e. tracking, diagnostics test, etc....

Full service was Air & oil filter, change engine & gearbox oil, and a few other things that I can't remember.

Yes I do want to learn cos I'm sick of paying out, but my habit is to try and get all the info before I start, and searching for the manual for my car seems like trying to find rocking horse poo, unless I pay toyota stupid money. Haynes don't wanna know.

note: I have found someone who's recommended, and I'll think I'll try fensports for the service parts.

Thanks Karma & Leeky

I guess I'll just have to pull my finger out and try doing it myself.

Rich K :thumbsup:

DIY is the answer its only ur self to blame if u screw up, and uve got urself to thank if u save some mega wonga!

Good stuff! Filters and fluids are a nice easy way to learn...

While you are at it might what to do your plugs!

I started off doing that job, then replaced some disks and pads, by then you'll realise its easier then you first thought and your away...

if you need any help just ask on here!

I recently had my plugs done by Mr T before the JPS in October, that's what pee'd me off cos that cost £100 and I'd already bought the leads, so that was £30 for the plugs and the rest was labour (£70 for one hour).

And then when a workmate explained what's involved I was :ffs: slightly upset.

Thanks again for your help.

I really need to get my PC at home sorted too, I finished work at 4.30.

bye 4 now

Mate that would be like £70 for 15 minutes work - that's how long it takes to change the plugs and leads :o

Forget keeping the car serviced by MrT. As said before you can easily service it yourself - just keep the receipts to show what you have bought. Pop into Halfrauds and grab a manual. Or take it to an independent it will be a lot cheaper :thumbsup:

There's an ex MrT mechanic (old school) just down the road from me that looks after everything I can't do. If he does a full service, he'll stamp the service book as well and usually comes in at about 1/3 the price of a main dealer ;) PM me if you want his details, but remember you need to find something to do in northampton for a couple of hours whilst he works on it. There's a UCG just up the road :yes:

Mate that would be like £70 for 15 minutes work - that's how long it takes to change the plugs and leads :o

Forget keeping the car serviced by MrT. As said before you can easily service it yourself - just keep the receipts to show what you have bought. Pop into Halfrauds and grab a manual. Or take it to an independent it will be a lot cheaper :thumbsup:

There's an ex MrT mechanic (old school) just down the road from me that looks after everything I can't do. If he does a full service, he'll stamp the service book as well and usually comes in at about 1/3 the price of a main dealer ;) PM me if you want his details, but remember you need to find something to do in northampton for a couple of hours whilst he works on it. There's a UCG just up the road :yes:

I have found someone who'll do it for me for now, cos it was due 200miles ago & I'm smart enough to know worn timing belts are costly.

System G, I've PM'd you, It might be worth the petrol and cinema ticket if I can get a Toyota person to sort my car.

As for doing it myself, filters and fluids have been explained to me here at work, so I can do those and if Knowlson will let me photocopy every page of the manual he managed to get hold off I will be doing alot more. :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

From my experiance the "mechanics" at toyota dealers should be called fitters ona good day, and useless  ing  tard spanner monkeys on all other days.......

Wow take a chill pill! Im a Toyota Technician and i trust you we aint all like that! I take serious pride in my work, and treat customers cars with respect and make sure i do the best job possible! I think the problem you will find with some dealers is that there technicians werent trained by Toyota and have been brought up in a 'back street garage enviroment'!

Where as i have been trained by Toyota with a 4 year Apprenticeship and another 2 years of advanced courses! And thats just the begining of the courses!

And that issue with the spark plugs seems stupid! Just last week i fitted new plugs and leads on a Mk2 MR2, and the customer got charged £30 for my time taken on the job! Even tho are labour rate is £74inc vat an hour!

When you are unsure about being over charged for jobs like that, ask if you can watch the job being done and time them! They can not stop you watching the job being carried out, and once you find out they took 15mins instead of an hour, argue the price with the receptionists! Always works!!!

£74 per hour for labour ??!!?

I get a garage in a local village to do all my work on the car. Very nice chaps. The owner owns a Supra and they know my car inside out. They even give me a courtesy car whenever I need one ( which toyota will not do because I have an import... wtf?!? ).

I would advise against going to Toyota... like others have said, find a good reputable local garage.

From my experiance the "mechanics" at toyota dealers should be called fitters ona good day, and useless  ing  tard spanner monkeys on all other days.......

Wow take a chill pill! Im a Toyota Technician and i trust you we aint all like that! I take serious pride in my work, and treat customers cars with respect and make sure i do the best job possible! I think the problem you will find with some dealers is that there technicians werent trained by Toyota and have been brought up in a 'back street garage enviroment'!

Where as i have been trained by Toyota with a 4 year Apprenticeship and another 2 years of advanced courses! And thats just the begining of the courses!

And that issue with the spark plugs seems stupid! Just last week i fitted new plugs and leads on a Mk2 MR2, and the customer got charged £30 for my time taken on the job! Even tho are labour rate is £74inc vat an hour!

When you are unsure about being over charged for jobs like that, ask if you can watch the job being done and time them! They can not stop you watching the job being carried out, and once you find out they took 15mins instead of an hour, argue the price with the receptionists! Always works!!!

Like I said, from my experiance.... there is always an odd one out, and from what I have seen, a toyota mechanic that understands whats going on, as oposed to one that undoes nuts and replaced broken bits for shiney ones, is a very rare thing!!!

For an example, I'm talking about place that I have put my car in for an official engineers report into what I already know, for legal reasons. They hold the car a week, try and charge me £270, and when I come to take it off their hands after chatting to an incompotant mechanic, STILL don't know what the problem is! "its an import" is not a valid excuse, basic mechanics still apply :lol:

Another car I could not finish working on due to a black injury came back with one of the clutch slave cylinder bolts sheered, 3 miles down the road I pressed the clutch and the entire thing popped out, blowing the piston out! I bougt it right back on a trailer with the bits that fell out (damaged) so they refitted them and I had to bleed my clutch EVERY DAY in order to drive the car...

If these people took "personal pride" my polished engine bay would not come back looking like the internals of a truck engine.....

Thats before I start on their serious and alarming lack of knowlege on imports.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links