Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrade 140 Vvti

fitzy

hi i have a weedy 140 celica and was wondering what was involved to turn it into the 190 spec celica. have been told its just down to the ecu but that seems too easy. any ideas please?

:thumbsup: sell it and buy either a gen 6 st202 or a st205 gt4 - a proper celica :thumbsup:

short of replacing the engine with the 190 vvtl-i .... there's not alot you could do

asides from forced induction (turbo/supercharger), there's not much that would get you to 190bhp output

by the way, whoever told you it's just down to the ecu is misleading you

the engine in your car is a 1.8, but it is only vvti

the engine in the 190 Tsport is a vvtL-i which has 'lift' - basically means from 6200rpm - 8200rpm you get 190bhp.

so changing the ecu would not help as your engine simply doesn't have the technology of the vvtli

The 190 engine has different bore and stroke (i.e. totally different internals) to the 140. Best/cheapest option is to trade cars for a 190.

thats the cheapest option but not the best option, I assume you want more power, my 3 celicas each cost less than the total cost of yours to buy outright and each of them is faster and has more power than a 190.

Newer is not technicaly best. The fruits of research. :bookworm:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links