Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iduction Kit

Lee Bali

Im thinkin of gettin the pipercross induction kit for my yaris 1 litre but was wondering if there are any better ones out there for the smae sort of price and if the kit would actually make any difference to the performance of my car or will it just make it sound like a beast. or neither !?

also would it be better to tell the insurance comany about it seeing as im a new driver or not ???

heres a pic of the kit http://www.pipercross.net/images/large_inductionkit.gif

No performance increase (may even lose power), sounds the nuts and you should tell your insurance compnay about everything no matter how insignificant you think it is! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I'd advise against a Pipercross unless you fancy cleaning your MAF every 6 months (which is tricky)!

Why not phone Envy (link up the top) and get yourself a GReddy one, its far more expensive but you get what you pay for! :thumbsup:

I believe it's a wet filter..therefore it will clog up ur maf sensor and bring a nice red light up on the dash. You would then have to clean the sensor. Repeat procedure every time light comes on.

Best bet, save up more and get a decent dry filter. Most guys/gals on here have HKS.. :yes:

Darnit, you beat me..

Edited by Chappers

Yea ur only gonna have issues with ur pipercross, few people on her had problems with their maf readings!!

Wont notice any increase in power, will sound nuts tho :thumbsup:

totally up 2 you abour telling them, i told them about mine ( tescos) and they added £200 to my insurance, aparently my cars more desiarable... But exhaust and springs dont do anything <_<

Tesco are freaks. A buddy at work used to use them. I never heard one good thing about them from him - he was constantly on the phone arguing with them.

i got a 5 door yaris and i cant find anything nice bodykit wise to make the car look better. well anything affordable anywyas..... any suggestions on how to turn my beauty into a beast ?

Lee Bali - The Veilside kit seems the only way to go!

armoredfist2002 - Probably the best but only fit the T-Sport and the Yaris SR!

MillzE - Looks like it!

I only ask as I've noticed my pipercross is rubbing the lining of the bonnet :crybaby:

If i put it in the position it shows in the pic it wouldve be much worse! I've had it angled it down slightly.

Did you have any probs like this Ryan? (apart from the MAF sensor prob!)

Matt

Nah mate, it kinda rubbed the lining of it but nuthin to worry about! Have you got aircon cos I heard the tubing/piping to that can get in the way and remember your's is phase 2 so it may be a bit different! :thumbsup:

Would an apexi with a cold air intake make any difference in terms of performance? Or is it purely noise reasons?

For a T-Sport maybe 1-2bhp if only getting cold air and on an SR maybe just the 1bhp! Would pretty much go un-noticed though! Although sayin that, when I had my Pipercross I think the throttle response wos a wee bit sharper! :thumbsup:

Its worth getting one alone for the noise anyway! :D

Nah mate, it kinda rubbed the lining of it but nuthin to worry about! Have you got aircon cos I heard the tubing/piping to that can get in the way and remember your's is phase 2 so it may be a bit different! :thumbsup:

Yep your totally right mate, the Aircon tube is in the way so I cant mount it pointing vertically downward :angry:

Might have to get a GReddy then..

Matt

i just bought danny bs pipercross off him. im not gona wet it much.

i suppose il need sum1 to do a "how to clean maf sensor" soon, lmao!! :D

i suppose il need sum1 to do a "how to clean maf sensor" soon, lmao!! :D

The engine check light will probably go on in about 6 months mate dependng on how many miles you do! :thumbsup:

And if you don't 'wet' it enough it won't filter the air properly, thats the whole point of the oil! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links