Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creaky Clutch Pedal?!

serendipity_uk

Hi, Miss I-know-nothing-about-cars is back. I have an odd problem. My clutch pedal often creaks when I put the clutch down. It happens for a while, stops for a while, comes back again. Sometimes it's there when I switch on sometimes it isn't. The weather, temperature, speed or previous journey type doesn't seem to make any difference. The noise is a sort of creaky squeak, and it's definately inside the car not the actual clutch. There's nothing I can see that's obstructing the pedal. Doesn't make any huge difference to how the pedal actually feels and the clutch still works. Obviously this isn't a major problem, more embarrassing when you're driving passengers and the car keeps squawking! It's also driving me nuts! Is this something I could solve by lubricating something (and if so any ideas what?) or should I take it into the dealer? Thanks!!

WD40 isn't a lubricant so it'll dry up and come back later..  :yes:

It worked on stopping my seat creaking! But yeah, it will dry out, but it's cheap and i plentiful supply!!

Water Displacement 40th attempt.

On the other hand, a can of whipped cream, her, me, handcu... ermmm, yeah, sorry, family forums. :D

Yves.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for sounding dum, where is the "push rod pivot points" is it under the hood?

sorry for sounding dum, where is the "push rod pivot points" is it under the hood?

Where the push rod for the master cylinder attaches to the clutch pedal.

Yves.

i have a squeaky clutch!! its getting louder than it used to be, very annoying

See above :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...
i have a squeaky clutch!! its getting louder than it used to be, very annoying

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See above :rolleyes:

I have the same problem - the creaking certainly sounds like it is in the car but I have lubricated all the linkages and moving joints connected to the clutch pedal ... but it is still doing it and it is beginning to drive me NUTS!

Has anyone else had this problem and actually cured it? Reading the forums it seems to be quite common.

Thanks....., creeeeeack - sorry, just changed into second...

I have the same problem - the creaking certainly sounds like it is in the car but I have lubricated all the linkages and moving joints connected to the clutch pedal ... but it is still doing it and it is beginning to drive me NUTS!

Has anyone else had this problem and actually cured it? Reading the forums it seems to be quite common.

Thanks....., creeeeeack - sorry, just changed into second...

I had this problem on a 2005 Yaris (old model) which I bought last year although the clutch had gone very stiff as well. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the whole clutch under warranty. This solved the problem. I did see a posting on an Australian (I think) website that sugggested squirting lubricant in the rubber boot that connects the clutch to the gearbox. This is a picture of it http://www.talon747.plus.com/y.jpg. Is that what you lubricated?