Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Audio Headunit Crisis!

neil1111

Hello, I was really keen to get an aftermarket headunit installed on my Y reg Yaris which contains only the standard toyota cassette player at present.

Unfortunately when I took it to Halfords, they said they couldn't install one (for some reason or another..).

I've seen that it is possible from the how-to page; but my question is: should I with very little experience in this area try to install one myself, and if not, who could I pay to do it for me?!

Thanks for your advice.

Neil

Give it a bash mate and if you fail take it to a smallish, local audio centre and they should be happy to help! Stay away from Halfords, they will just rip you off! :thumbsup:

This is mine btw:

Headunit.jpg

Hi !

I have done it and I can tell you that I do not know anything about it.

Jusy follow this :

Install Audio

Do not be affraid to pull the dash ... It seems completly stucked but it will come !

Once you have done it once, you will do it in 2 minutes after..It is really easy.

Good luck !

Yeah, but the link doesnt show you how to fit the headunit at all!.. :P

Fascia Surround: Toyota Part T55406-52010-B0 - (mk1) £38 from Mr T

Double Din Unit - FP-11-03, made by Audioleads, it says for a RAV4 but it will fit the Yaris - from Halfords

ISo lead is £12 Halfords, toyota one......

That's the parts you'll need :thumbsup:

Go the whole hog and get the Fascia Surround..Click me (Picture nicked from someone else ;) )

Yeah, but the link doesnt show you how to fit the headunit at all!..  :P

Once you will have removes the top dash and the bottom dash it will be very easy.

Just unscrew the box, put the new headunit from behind and plug the cables !!

You will just need a cable to convert the toyota cable into standard ones.

Just try it !!!

Hi, thanks for all the feedback.

So what exactly do I need to buy if I want to put in a Sony CDXF5500?

Which ISO lead? And is that all? I don't want to buy a new fascia, so if I can do it without I shall. I do hear that people have had to file down the existing thing however - will this not look shoddy? Or should the sony fit nicely into the coins bit??

Thanks guys!

Neil

If you kindly ask those that have done this to provide a link or piccy, you can see the difference..

Myself, I hunted down the fascia and bought it, without this I think it looks very 'shoddy' (no offence guys)...

Buy the fascia, complete the look, admire.. :thumbsup:

I do hear that people have had to file down the existing thing however - will this not look shoddy? Or should the sony fit nicely into the coins bit??

I posted mine in my post up there and I think it looks fine! Its a Sony and I've heard most Sony's fit in quite nicely! :thumbsup:

And Chappers, I kinda remember there was 2 part numbers for the fascia thing off Toyota, 1 for a phase 1 and 1 for a phase 2, remember (or anyone else for that matter)???

Fascia Surround: Toyota Part T55406-52010-B0 - (mk1) £38 from Mr T

;) .. I'll have a looksie for the mk2..then maybe someone will put this as a sticky <hint hint>

Fascia Surround: T55406-52010-B0 is for the Phase 1 (roughly £38)

Fascia Surround: T55406-52041-B0 is for the Phase 2 (roughly £38)

Double Din Unit - FP-11-03, made by Audioleads, it says for a RAV4 but it will fit the Yaris - from Halfords

ISO lead: PC2-17-4 (toyota one)...... £12 Halfords

:hokus-pokus:

*Thank you letters welcome!

Hi -

Is it absolutely essential to get this double din unit? What are the benefits of doing so (other than looks)?

I guess if I connect the headunit by this ISO lead then the normal toyota radio and cassette deck will cease to function? Can you post a link to the iso lead you have in mind on the Halfords website - I can't seem to find one which says toyota there.

Neil

ISO lead: PC2-17-4 (toyota one)...... £12 halfords

Old post edited..

Looks better, no-one will ask you whether the tape works or why it is there .. When you come to sell it, it'll look like a professional job.

:yes:

Neil it really is only for looks but if ur doing it, do it right I say! I would have done it the right way but this was unknown when I done mine!

And you are right the tape or radio will not work but your new headunit should have a much better radio anyway! :thumbsup:

the double din just replaces the old tape deck and coin tray, just put your unit in the coin tray show me a pic ill gaive u an idea whther it wll fit or not,

oh and btw whereabouts in birmingham are you?

Cheers for all the feedback.

I think it looks pretty good with the double din and fascia surround. The unit I'm gunna put in is a SONY Car radio CD Xplod CDX-R3300 (is this any good, and will it fit a) without the ddin/fascia combo, B) with it, or c) with either combo?)

Where abouts would I be able to buy the double din/fascia surround from?

( I live just south of birmingham - in a town called solihull)

Neil

neil i live in nuneaton if u dont mind driving to my place ill fit it for you, i find its eaiser to fit without the Double din thing and alot cheaper altho i have got one