Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question Re: Celica Gtr Jap Imp K Reg Auto

majormark

Can anybody tell me what the Red switch is used for on the left, just slightly down from the steering column??? Also where can I get clear indicator side repeaters?

Many Thanx :D

Can anybody tell me what the Red switch is used for on the left, just slightly down from the steering column??? Also where can I get clear indicator side repeaters?

Many Thanx   :D

Gen 5 clear indicators can be found on eBay from time to time :)

Below is Gen 6 infomation ,but is still useful to Gen 5 owners.......

Automatic Gearbox Operation.

On the gear lever you get an O/D button (a light should also come up on the dash), this is your extra gear, it like an electronic 4th gear. If you need more power and revs to overtake, flick the switch and kick it down and go like the wind .

The ECT switch on the console gives the gearbox two driving styles, one is for fast enthusiastic driving, the other for economical driving (or winter driving).

In NORMAL setting the gearbox will change up gear a little slower and in Power mode, it will kick down right up to the red line if you keep your foot to the floor.

For everyday driving keep the ECT switch set to NORMAL and the O/D switch left on.

Last thought for you, the red button on the console in japanese , just lets you take the vehicle out of park ,when the keys are out of the ignition .

Bob :thumbsup:

hello welcome to TOC

and :thumbsup: for the GT-R

I got my clear side reps from JAE lat year £22 and they fit no probs. but try e bay

And even though I have a GT-R I have no idea about the red switch. :eek: But I do have one near my gear stick in Jap and KITT is an Auto. So switches may b different .

lol sorry just noticed yours is auto toooooooooooooooooooooo.

Ash.

hello welcome to TOC

and  :thumbsup:  for the GT-R

I  got my clear side reps from JAE lat year £22 and they fit no probs. but try e bay

And even though I have a GT-R  I have no idea about the red switch. :eek: 

Ash.

The red button on the console in japanese , just lets you take the vehicle out of park ,when the keys are out of the ignition

keep your food to the floor , does that mean kick down makes you vommit :lol:

typo i know - sorry bob , just couldn't resist :thumbsup:

I know about the red switch by the gear shift , but i have a red switch that lights up when switched one way, just by the steering column to the left. I can't work out what it is for?? Thanks for advice on repeater lenses. Car goes in for paint repair on monday, thursday a concept 650gt alarm system being fitted, just got new exhaust and tyres.. Its adding up!!!! Worth it I think, it looks so cool! I always wanted a Knight Rider car!! My kids love it too!

Cheers :thumbsup:

ehhhhhhhhhhh only one KITT on this forum and its mine lol.

She even has the red scanner to prove it . lol.

BUT I am glad that someone else can see the car has the Nightrider look. :group-cuddles:

she may have one somewhere. :lol:

keep your food to the floor , does that mean kick down makes you vommit  :lol:

typo i know -  sorry bob , just couldn't resist  :thumbsup:

Cheers ...just changed it on the other site too :thumbsup: .

The red switch is the rear foglight!! Although I have to get some more Red stuff to go over the lens. Any ideas where i can get some also..... Whats the easiest way to change the bulbs on the sidelights front?

Cheers

:D

Dont mess with the SOTOC girls......ive been cheeky and diced with death with em!!!

Asha still chuckling about the cool songs we both have in our cars at the crimbo do :group-cuddles:

lol me to hun what a top night and I have just down loaded a load of Aerosmith tunes :thumbsup: for the car ;) hehe

she may have one somewhere. :lol:

:eek: you leave my mullet alone :lol: B)

Is it green, like in your avatar? Or is that not your caricature? :rolleyes::lol:

I'm not even going to mention Hasselhoff's hairy chest! Whoops.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links