Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Speaker Trouble!

seveer unaek

I was attemting to fit some new dash Speakers today and came accross something strange... To make the door Speakers work, the dash speaker wires have to be crossed, which is insane! BUT! Even more insane is that if I do that, the dash Speakers won't work!!

Anybody got any ideas to a solution?? What has anybody else done?

Why can't toyota use wires instead of them crappy clip things on the end of every damn speaker!!

Don't bother replying! Fixed it myself! Mod's can delete this thread if they please... it is now totally useless!!! (Much like everything else i have to say! :lol: )

After fitting Sony 10cm Speakers on my dash and replacing the meshy cover it makes a horrible rattling noise now, it didnt bother me at first but when ure doing high speed its annoying. any remidies???

After fitting Sony 10cm speakers on my dash and replacing the meshy cover it makes a horrible rattling noise now, it didnt bother me at first but when ure doing high speed its annoying. any remidies???

I had this when i put them in! It did it over any rough surface at any speed! It's because the two speaker screw hole thingys that aren't screwed in are rattling against the dash! It's my passenger side that did it!

I have solved the problem by using them white sticky-pads that you can get anywhere really, then iv shoved them and stuck them under, on top and around the rattling bits... just to be sure! So far so good... no rattles! Oh, the right one rattled too... that was the speaker wire vibrating against the speaker! Got the gaffer tape out again!!

Ay, welcome to the club!

Glad you got it fixed!

i unfortunatley discovered a new rattle, and it wasn't the Speakers, it was coming from the right hand side drivers door, just near the lock. So i pulled it away a bit and rammed sticky pads in there too... no more rattle there either.

I had one coming from the boot... it was the floor sheet bit vibrating... guess what... sticky pads... problem solved.

I may have found the greatest rattle and vibration cure of all time! It's cheap too... i got 320 sticky pads for £1 from a poundshop in York!

I may have found the greatest rattle and vibration cure of all time! It's cheap too... i got 320 sticky pads for £1 from a poundshop in York!

think we may have to set up a group buy on these :lol::lol:

have yaris will rattle :D

think we may have to set up a group buy on these :lol::lol:

have yaris will rattle :D

I'll be interested in some! .. Put me down! :lol:

After reading all ur reply's and going 4 a drive i listened for rattles and wished id baught the bumper pack of sticky pads! ive also noticed that my Sub loosens the door closers (that thing u put ur fingers in 2 shut the door) 3 yards of PTFE tape later and that was sorted! i will be adding sum pics of my 'lil red beauty' soon. Cheers for the welcome every1.!!! Ash

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links