Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Sony Psp Arrived Today

CraigT

Wow!!! Nice one :thumbsup: you flash boy! im up for getting oe! how much was that then? you got it imported from japan or something?

Wow!!! Nice one :thumbsup: you flash boy! im up for getting oe! how much was that then? you got it imported from japan or something?

I got it over at www.lik-sang.com

The prices are a bit silly at the moment, but luckily it was a xmas present ;)

After christmas you wont be able to go anywhere without seeing a PSP.

Basically is a 'Playstation Portable' - a Playstation 2 in handheld form. It also plays music, movies, and pictures.

It came out in Japan a few days ago and its due in the UK and US around March 2005.

No it uses little disks called UMD. Basically they look like a MiniDisc but have curved edges. Check out the pic below:

umd6cn.jpg

Certainly looks s w a n k y ... What made you choose the PSP over Niintendo DS? And how's the Battery life?

Is that an analog stick on the bottom left or a speaker?

Cheers

Paul.

Bibbs: Yeah you can connect it via a USB cable and then just drag movie clips and music etc onto it. It uses Sony Memory Sticks like camcorders and stuff.

PaulT: It was just personal prefference over the DS. I just liked the PSP more. Battery life is not as long as the DS but to be honest I dont play games for long stretches of time. It has a little analouge stick wich is pretty good from what I can tell.

Crisis: There is no way of Playing PS2 games directly but it looks like Grand Theft Auto is coming out on the PSP and Gran Tourismo 4 is also out in the new year.

Ahhh ha. Cool. il be looking out for these. Shame they dont make a converter thing, otherwise would have to buy the games 2x.

CraigT is the PSP locked to only play japanise games or will it be able to play uk ones aswell? after seeing yours i really thinking about getting one :D :D

Tim :thumbsup:

CraigT is the PSP locked to only play japanise games or will it be able to play uk ones aswell? after seeing yours i really thinking about getting one :D :D

Tim :thumbsup:

Its region free mate so you can play games from anywhere in the world. Its region locked to region 2 for movies, however the UK is also region 2 the same as Japan so basically EVERYTHING will work.

I think I speak for us all when I say....G33K!!11one

Okay, now I have to try and hide my envy  :ph34r:  :arrgg-matey:  *skulks away*

LOL one day I might grow up...............not for a long time yet though :P

It might also interest you car loving guys (and gals) who fancy a PSP that there's a few good racing games available, or coming soon for it too:

* Gran Tourismo 4 (apparently looking almost as good as the PS2 version)

* Ridge Racers (tracks and music from all the RR games packed into one game)

* Need for Speed Underground Rivals (PSP version of nfsu)

* Colin McCrae Rally 2005

* WRC (another rally game)

* F1 (usual formula 1 affair)

* WipeOut Pure (futuristic racing game)

* Fired Up (car combat game)

To name but a few. Car lovers will have everything they could ask for. Most of the above feature wireless multiplayer too so you can give your mates a good thrashing on NFSU or GT4 :ph34r:

It's all your fault CraigT!!!!

I have just bought one myself as a little christmas pressy :D it should be with me on tuesday! :D :D

i can't wait! arrh well none of my famliy will be getting presents this year lol

It's all your fault CraigT!!!!

I have just bought one myself as a little christmas pressy :D it should be with me on tuesday! :D :D

i can't wait! arrh well none of my famliy will be getting presents this year lol

Yeah! Good on you sera_beetle! :thumbsup:

You'll have to let me know when it arrives. Did you order a game with it or just the machine for the moment?

:D I have got it with Ridge Racers and the vaule pack.

I can't wait to play it :D how does connect to your computer then? is it just PC software or is there any Apple mac software.

Tim