Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Sony Psp Arrived Today

CraigT

CraigT is the PSP locked to only play japanise games or will it be able to play uk ones aswell? after seeing yours i really thinking about getting one :D :D

Tim :thumbsup:

Its region free mate so you can play games from anywhere in the world. Its region locked to region 2 for movies, however the UK is also region 2 the same as Japan so basically EVERYTHING will work.

Isn't UK the same Region as Europe???

You use PAL movies over there right? not NTSC?

:ph34r:

CraigT is the PSP locked to only play japanise games or will it be able to play uk ones aswell? after seeing yours i really thinking about getting one :D :D

Tim :thumbsup:

Its region free mate so you can play games from anywhere in the world. Its region locked to region 2 for movies, however the UK is also region 2 the same as Japan so basically EVERYTHING will work.

Isn't UK the same Region as Europe???

You use PAL movies over there right? not NTSC?

UK is Region 2 just the same as Japan. Ive bought many a DVD from Japan and they work fine

:D I have got it with  Ridge Racers and the vaule pack.

I can't wait to play it :D  how does connect to your computer then? is it just PC software or is there any Apple mac software.

Tim

Well I was pretty lucky. I used a USB cable that came with my mobile phone which has a mini USB jack on it.

Good choice in game. Thats what I have ordered too but they made a mistake so the PSP came without the game. Should hopefully have the game tomorrow or Tuesday which isnt so bad :crybaby:

Looks like an amazing game though and apparently the music is really good too :thumbsup:

Where did you order your PSP from?

*cough ebay  :ph34r:

;) :thumbsup::ph34r::lol:

Right! If me flaming game doesnt turn up today Im gonna.....pout a bit more :huh:

There is only so much time you can spend lookin at it and wondering "PS2 in a handheld eh?"

:thumbsup: Mate your gonna love it!

Still no game for me today but this is my last day at work until after christmas so as long as it comes in the next day or so I will be happy.

If my PSP sits there all Christmas with no games I, I, I, will have to get very drunk instead.

Oh wait, I'll be doing that either way ;)

PS: Never buy a state of the art games console and have no games to play on it. Your mates will take the p*ss big time as I discovered :blink:

PS:  Never buy a state of the art games console and have no games to play on it.  Your mates will take the p*ss big time as I discovered  :blink:

:lol::lol:

What else can the PSP do? have you watched any movies on it yet?

What does it do when you have a pc pluged into it?

Tim (i can't wait) :thumbsup:

what kind of films does it play? divx, mpeg? im gonna get her to buy me one when they come out over here, anyone know when that'll be?

what kind of films does it play? divx, mpeg? im gonna get her to buy me one when they come out over here, anyone know when that'll be?

Tim ive sent you a PM buddy. Glad you like it. Its awesome isnt it?

Ive got some MP3's on it and some pics of my car, holidays, etc. Havent tried movie clips yet.

For loads of information Tim try http://psp.ign.com very good site :thumbsup:

Houston it plays movie clips from the memory stick in MPEG-4 format so you have to use PC software toconvert the clip first befor putting it on the PSP. Sony will also be launching proper movies on UMD disk as well as DVD next year. This means that you can, for example, watch Spiderman 2 in DVD quality on the PSP's widescreen. Brilliant for going on trips, holidays or sitting in work B)

PS: They will be out in the UK around March time.

cheers, i cant wait, i want one now but im wary of the import thing after past experiences, u got your game yet?

Yeah you do have to be careful with imports and also make sure the importer is prepared to help you out if you have a problem.

No no games yet. I ordered 2 in total. Ridge Racers was sent on the 18th by a fast delivery that should take 2-4 days, its now the 5th day and no game. The other game was from somewhere else in Japan, that was sent on the 16th by normal mail and still no game.

For some reason Ive had bad luck like this the whole of my life, not sure why as Im not a bad person :(

Im the type of person that orders something and it arrives broken. :blink:

EDIT: Havent seen the postman in 2 days. Looks like he finishes 2 days before every other postman in the country :angry:

Either that or he has a PSP too and he discovered my parcels :o

do you have Metal gear acid coming? becuase mine came today,

It's Really hard in japanise i cant eve get my guy to even move yet and i have been playing for over 10 mins lol :lol:

For loads of information Tim try http://psp.ign.com very good site  :thumbsup:

Looking at the screenshots on there, it seems that the display is dithered rather than being smooth colours. Thought that was a bit odd. Maybe you don't notice it during gameplay.

Cheers

Paul.

nice !!

thought DVDs in Japland were region1 ? Same as OZ ?

Region Countries:

0 No Region Coding

1 United States of America, Canada

2 Europe, including France, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Arabia, Japan and South Africa

3 Korea, Thailand, Vietnam, Borneo and Indonesia

4 Australia and New Zealand, Mexico, the Caribbean, and South America

5 India, Africa, Russia and former USSR countries

6 Peoples Republic of China

7 Unused

8 Airlines/Cruise Ships

9 Expansion (often used as region free)

do you have Metal gear acid coming? becuase mine came today,

It's Really hard in japanise i cant eve get my guy to even move yet and i have been playing for over 10 mins lol :lol:

Tim,

Apparently the cards in MGA speak for themselves according to a review I read. Should be understandable once youve got the basics sorted.

By the way, was meaning to ask you, are the menu's in Ridge Racers easy to navigate in Japanese?

Anyway, if one of the two games I've ordered doesnt arrive tomorrow then I can forget about it over christmas (the other game was Lumines by the way which looks cool).

Got video clips working fine on it now. I currently have a really cool trailer for 24 Season 4 on it :thumbsup:

EDIT: By the way, if you use the PSP whilst plugged into the mains you get a 4th screen brightness when presing the screen button on the PSP. Usually when powered by Battery you get:

* Low

* Medium

* High

With it plugged into the mains you also get the option of:

* Very high

Good for watching movies or if you like your games in super high brightness :ph34r: