Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Waterpump

jonnyb

the waterpump has gone on my GT4 forcing head gasket to fail as well

I was quoted £260 to get it fixed which seems very expensive ???

does anybody know where I can hold of 1 cheap as most places are selling them at £90 ???

Also when I drive the car now the light comes on that kicks in at boost cut when turning boost up without FCD for a minute when 1st starting car and boost gauge on dash sticks at full boost for about 5 minutes when driving , then it goes back to normal,

But car will only drive at about 60 mph juddering all the time , do you reckon this could be because of the headgasket and waterpump prob ????

Cheers for any help !!

Jonathan

£260 doesn't sound too bad. Less the £90 part, that leaves £170 for labour (about 3hrs), which sounds about right. Changing the water pump is cam belt, pulleys and rear belt housing off, iirc. A cam belt change usually costs getting on for £200. An independent garage would be cheaper than a dealer.

But then, if your head gasket has gone, the water pump is the least of your worries. You won't see much change from £1500 for a dealer to do that job, and that's if your lucky. :o

luckily its under warranty so get head gasket sorted for free

found a water pump on eBay for $28 plus postage , probs buy that and get it fitted

then get headgasket replaced !!

to be honest m8 i think u would be silly buying a cheap pump from eBay, if its not up to the job and seazes then it can cause even more problems plus the gt4 runs hot anyway so you better making sure you have a good pump in there, your best bet is to get in contact with http://www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk , they sell genuine toyota parts with up to 35% off ..

might also be worth contacting toyota celica breakers to see if they can supply a new pump , i know they supply new parts as well as second hand .

http://www.tcbperformanceparts.co.uk/welcome.htm

Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links