Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgent Help

Lee Bali

I bought two cathodes to place in my footwells, theyre all wired up but now out of the converter box that came with it i have two wires. One yellow live wire and one earth wire. where should i connect both of them to, in order for power to be getting to the cathodes and in order for it to be earthed and safe. I have no clue how to wire it up as i dont have a soldering iron and cant solder the wires anyhow as the car is my dads. Any tips or suggestions?? I was thinking of cutting off one of the lighter adapters from my phone charger but they always have 2 wires coming out of them so i wouldnt know which one (if any) to connect my existing live wire to!

Use scotch locks and connect the wire to any 12v live feed.. this will depend on how you want the lights to work.. if you want them to come on when you switch your headlamps on, then wire to the live feed to the headlamps... use an "inline fuse" for safety.

If you want them on all the time then you will need to wire them to a constant live... like the one that goes to the ICE for the memory.

Use scotch locks and connect the wire to any 12v live feed.. this will depend on how you want the lights to work.. if you want them to come on when you switch your headlamps on, then wire to the live feed to the headlamps... use an "inline fuse" for safety.

If you want them on all the time  then you will need to wire them to a constant live... like the one that goes to the ICE for the memory.

If connect to a constant live they will still be on when you remove the ignition key. You want the live feed to go to a SWITCHED live. ie the feed to the sidelights from the light switch or a wire that is live when the ign is switched on. The earth can be connected to any metal part of the chassis or bodywork. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links